Recent Posts

Thursday, October 30, 2008

What's your Thanksgiving Menu?

Thanksgiving Pictures, Images and Photos

We usually go to my partner's Mom's home and celebrate with their family. I usually cook our Thanksgiving meal at home on the weekend so we can have leftovers for lunches the following week. This year, my sister will be coming to town with her husband. Here is the menu in progress:

A big Turkey- at least 18lb. (I cook it in my Nesco or out on the Gas Grill with my smoker boxes filled with hickory wood....weather permitting, I'm not running out in the rain, been there done that and I just don't find it fun.)
Stuffing #1 - (bag of stuffing; celery, onion, gizzard, liver, heart finely diced; chicken or turkey broth.)
Stuffing #2 - 1 batch of the above plus peeled and diced roasted chestnuts.
Mashed Potatoes (from scratch)
Baked Sweet Potatoes
Gooey Sweet Potato marshmallow mixture my partner insists on making (and no one else will eat. lol!)

Green Bean Casserole (Cream of mushroom soup, Durkee Fried Onions, etc.)
Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Spinach Dip & Hawaiian Bread (store bought)
Veggie Tray - and this year I will be adding my Dilly Green Beans, Basil Beans, Pickled Asparagus, Pickled Okra, Sweet/Hot Pickled Green Tomatoes, Bread & Butter Zucchini Pickles.
Apple Pie -If I have time I will bake this ahead, otherwise storebought.

Dessert tbd

I'm always on the lookout for something new.

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©