Recent Posts

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

...And then I woke up

I was so excited when Msnbc called the election at 10pm CST. Like many of you, I’m sure, I wasn’t alone when I sat there, suspicious because the winner was "called" so early. I kept telling myself I wasn’t going to believe, I wasn’t going to celebrate it until I saw the McCain concession speech. That speech very soon followed. I was a bit surprised at McCain’s speech. I guess I sort of expected him to be a bit broken up, you know, a little emotional about it, having trouble finding the words, etc. His speech was almost robotic. When the camera panned to Sarah Palin, you could see how hard she was trying really hard to maintain her composure.


It will be interesting to see in the next 10 weeks who President Elect Barack Obama picks for his administration. President Elect Barack Obama! Doesn't that sound amazing?


I am still closely watching the Propositions on the ballots in California, Florida and Arkansas.


I am saddened on a very personal level at the prospect that California and Florida will likely pass their Prop 8 and Prop 2. I had high hopes that Prop 8 and Prop 2 would not pass and gay rights would begin sweeping the nation.


And then I woke up.


I guess I expected too much. One thing at a time right? I mean, we did make history last night Electing Obama as our President.


In Arkansas it looks like the ban on Unmarried Adoptions has passed. How sad. There are so many special needs children, and children who are no longer cute cuddly babies that need adoption and Gay and Lesbian singles and couples are more than happy to make a family with these children.


I just don't get it.


Arkansas effectively just voted to keep these children orphans.


How can Prop 8 in CA and Prop 2 in FL be overturned? How can we reverse the decision in Arkansas to ban adoptions to unmarried people? The San Francisco City Attorney's office has already stated that they plan to file a legal challenge in the California Supreme Court to challenge the validity of the measure. Also, the first lesbian couple to be married in Los Angeles plans to announce a lawsuit arguing that the proposition is unconstitutional.

Read about it here:
http://www.mercurynews.com/samesexmarriage/ci_10901475

I also read that Attorney Gloria Allred is getting involved in the legal challenge.

Read about it here:

http://washblade.com/thelatest/thelatest.cfm?blog_id=22207

No comments:

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©