Recent Posts

Monday, February 23, 2009

Cabin Fever Margaritaville Carnival Contest Winners Announced!

My original rules stated that when reading the vacation blog posts I was supposed to turn up the heat as if I were in some warm tropical place. Thanks to hot flashes, I didn't have to blow our budget and raise our gas bill. (I know, TMI, but it's true and I thought it was funny.)

First Place and winner of 1,500 Entrecard Credits is Stacy @ Stacy’s Random Thoughts. Stacy's entry, 2002 Punta Cana Vacation, ultimately scored the most points for the sheer number of photographs. It really made the reader a part of the trip. Please go check out her great photographs!

Second Place and winner of 750 Entrecard Credits is Kirsten @ Soccer Mom. Kirsten's entry, vacation to Kentucky, scored extra points for capturing the wedding ring photo op.
Third Place and winner of 250 Entrecard Credits is Cher @ Mama’s Money Savers. Cher's entry Royal Caribbean cruise to San Juan, St. Thomas, Puerto Rico, and the Bahamas, got extra points for the towel animal photo. How cool was that? Wonder what other towel animals they make?
I’ve decided to award 100 Entrecard Credits to each of our Honorable Mention Award winners, which happen to be our 2 other entrants:

Babette @ Definitely Maybe. Babette's entry, Europe Summer Vacation, scored extra points for bringing her children on her vacation. What were you thinking???

Harriet @ I Am Harriet. Harriet's entry, trip to the Art Institute of Chicago, scored extra points for the awesome wide-angle photographs and the fact that it was Chicago and the Art Institute. Anastasia and I love the Art Institute.
I hope that Stacy really appreciates the First Place win because Anastasia was insisting I award First Place to the Waffle House Wedding. She is threatening to ban me from using her new laptop because I chose to go with the entry that really went with the theme. What can I say? I’m an Accountant and a stickler for details. Sorry Kirsten, she really did try to rally for you.

Entrecard Credits will be added to each of the winners accounts shortly.

All of our winners can proudly post an “I’m a Winner at Lola’s Diner Cabin Fever Margaritaville Carnival” badge on their sidebar by clicking here for the code.
Photobucket
CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL OUR WINNERS!

Lola's Diner
©2008-2009

5 comments:

I am Harriet said...

YES! I scored extra points!!!!!
Luv you guys :)

Kirsten said...

Thank you Thank you!!!
I feel like Kate Winslet!!
Can't wait to show this off on my blog!

Lola said...

@ Harriet - Back at you!

@ Kirsten - You're not going to tell me to suck it like Kate did to Meryl Streep are you?

Stacy Uncorked said...

Awwww, thanks Lola! Sorry I 'stole' your win, Kristen, I really did love the wedding rings in the waffle! :)

What a pleasant surprise when I finally got to sit down and see what's going on in the blogosphere, I'm so far behind it's not funny! :) Thank you Lola (and thank you, Anastasia, for relenting to Lola's 'Accountant Reasoning'...*smile!* Please don't ban her from using her cool new laptop, we'd miss her terribly!) I really and truly appreciate it, and boy oh boy was it a nice shot-in-the-arm after the week-and-then-some I've been having! :) I'm so totally honored!

I'll be doing a special Thank You post sometime later in the week to show some mega linky love! :)

THANK YOU! :) :) :)

Anonymous said...

LOL What can I say, my kids are well-behaved. :o) Thanks Lola.

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©