Recent Posts

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

calling all commenters

See, I was all nice. I didn't type "Calling All Comment Whores". Wasn't that nice of me? Do I get extra points for being polite? You know who you are. Aren't any of you going to take up my offer of 50 Entrecard Cards for each of my blogs that you do a review for on Kindle? Click here for complete details. What are you waiting for? (Oh, and for our resident commenter who has a penchant for 1 word comments, the blog review needs to be a few sentences.) Thanks pallies! I really appreciate the reviews.

Don't be alarmed! I'm skipping "If I Could Blog Back Time Thursdays this week because I am just overwhelmed with our kids activities, back to school physicals, dental visits, etc. (Why did I schedule it all for this week? What was I thinking?) Please click here to submit topics for future "If I Could Blog Back Time Thursdays", and find out how I reward bloggers whose topics I use. This meme will resume August 13th, 2009

Because the kids were at their golf class yesterday afternoon, Anastasia and I actually got a chance to go on a date. (Yes! I know! Woo Hoo!) We went out for a recession buster $5 lunch at Anastasia's favorite pub/restaurant. Have you seen these beer tube things?
It's like this 36 inch long tube of beer (100 ounces) with a tapper on it. If you click on the beer tube link, be sure to watch the video of this trade show dude extolling the virtues of beer tubes. Of course he doesn't say anything about dram shop insurance or drunk driving liability. We had too much on tap (pun intended) for the rest of the day to try one out, but they definitely looked interesting. It's a good thing they didn't have these when I was in my twenties. It would have given a whole new take on beer chugging contests.

Lola's Diner
©2008-2009

3 comments:

Auntie E said...

In your words, I copied and pasted to get it right "This meme will resume April 13th, 2009". LOL now I know you need a break..It's August and I want it to be august!...Kids go back to school...I can't do the last four months again..I thought I woke up on Groundhog day and needed to relive the time over...Check the satellite calender and I was saved...yes Auntie E it's August you're not in the land of Oz! LOL

Auntie E said...

Went to the link to write a review, however they want too much inform. I do not want Amazon's span in my mail box. so I could not write one:-(
I will promote you on my "Living Healthy with Auntie E" this Thursday, will that do?

Lin said...

I hate these final weeks before school starts! Ugh. I went to registration this morning and was there for over 2 1/2 hours because every table was a disaster! Col ended up with a kicked in, broken locker that they swear they're gonna fix for the first day and Em has a locker with the wrong combination. Everyone there was a tad bit testy and it was not very fun. I'm ready for the giant tube of beer!

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©