The Latest from Lola's Diner
Wednesday, August 4, 2010
What happened this time to provoke the current (and if I'm smart...lifetime ban)? My son, Eddie Haskell and a kid from down the block went to the movies. I dropped them off and they walked home. Guess whose idea that was? Uh-huh. Eddie Haskell's. Then they start playing video games in my living room (while I surf the net on my laptop, in full view of them...cuz what else would I be doing?) They are all seated on the floor in front of the big screen tv.
Eddie Haskell starts dropping gay bombs. Next thing I know my son is calling Eddie Haskell a cheater and a fight literally breaks out at my feet! I'm hollerin' for them to break it up and fists are flyin'! Finally it stops and my son stomps to his room, where upon I say "time to go home, call your ride". To which Eddie Haskell replies that he didn't do anything and the other kid slinks out the door without a word.
Eddie Haskell is always doing something to provoke a fight, or literally starts pounding on my son for no reason. (My son is way bigger than him and is not normally into fighting, he's usually breaking up fights. Perhaps the cheating on top of the gay bombs drove him over the edge? I'm not really sure who even threw the first punch.)
After Eddie Haskell finally got picked up we drove over to the other kid's house. I introduced myself to the parents and told them I wanted to stop by and make sure their son knew that he did nothing wrong and that he is welcome at our house any time. They are completely familiar with Eddie Haskell, in fact he is banned from their house, and from a friend's house. So we were on the same page. They also said my son is welcome any time at their house.
Lola's Diner ©2008-2010
Tuesday, August 3, 2010
1st Place - 3 Week Free Ad.Here are the results:
2nd Place - 2 Week Free Ad.
3rd Place - 1 Week Free Ad.
Oooh! It was a close one. Lin won by 1 comment!
Lin @ Duck and Wheel With String 3 Week Ad spot.Congratulations to the winners!
Harriet @ Harriet And Friends 2 Week Ad spot.
Cardiogirl @ Cardiogirl 1 Week Ad Spot.
Just a reminder to everyone that my Top Commenter Contest will be running in August, so now is your chance to stake out your spot at the counter or grab a booth. Comment early and often. (Just like voting in Chicago.)
Feel free to copy this contest and link back to me to give me credit for it!
Lola's Diner ©2008-2010
Sunday, August 1, 2010
Sunday Stealing: 28 Question Meme
Cheers to all of us thieves!
1. Was your dad named after anyone? I have no idea. He's been gone 20 years.
2. What do you think is the minimal age to get married? That all depends...can we marry who we want? And will it be legally recognized by the state and federal government?
3. What’s the longest time that you‘ve been involved with the same person? I don't think I can really count my marriage, because I was only staying until he got better. So technically I wasn't with him for a number of years.
4. What actor/actress do you consider hot at the moment? I have no idea. What am I 12?
5. What is you favorite album by a band? Supertramp's "Breakfast In America". (I know, I'm weird.)
6. What is your favorite album by an individual artist? Melissa Ferrick's "Freedom".
7. What is something that you‘d rather be a bit dirty? I'm not sure I understand the question...
8. What was the last TV show that you watched? Cold Case...last night when we got home from the club. We went to see comedian Michele Balan.
9. How many people have you met from the blogosphere? Who are they? I've met Lin from Duck and Wheel With String, Rita from Look It's Megryansmom, Patricia from Subjective Soup and Communication Exchange, Lynne from Malaysian Abroad, and CG from Cardiogirl.
10. What’s your philosophy on life? I don't know that I have one...
11. Do you think prescription drugs are over prescribed? I am not a doctor, and I don't play one on tv, so...how would I know what prescriptions are really needed?
12. Would you keep a secret from me if you thought it was in my best interest? I don’t even know who you are.
13. What is your favorite memory in the last year? I think I'll keep that one to myself.
14. What is your favorite guilty pleasure? Oh I think my new one is Realm of Empires on fb. My girlfriend talked me into entering the speed realm that runs only this weekend. So far I'm still in, but just barely. She lost all her villages and is out.
15. Tell me one odd/interesting fact about you: I am a cereal killa.
16. You can have three wishes (for yourself, so forget all the ‘world peace etc’ malarky) – what are they?
1. Have enough money to live stress free.
2. Have enough money for a real, fly to a destination vacation (with a beach and an umbrella drink and someone special) at least once a year and be able to not have to count every single penny I spend.
3. (This one's private.)
17. Who would you want to get together with and make a cake?I'm not much into baking.
18. Which country is your spiritual home? Wha?
19. What is your big weakness? I don't think I can say...
20. Do you think Judd Corizan is a good person? I have no idea who that is.
21. What was your best/favorite subject at school? Lunch. Lol! Me and Dave from Biology used to walk to my car, grab my smokes and walk to the library (smokin' the whole way) just across from the high school. Yeah, it was a closed campus, but for some reason if we said we were going to the library, the hall monitors let us go. And no, we never got caught smokin' cuz we looked all goody 2 shoes. Hehehehehe.
22. Describe your accent: Born and raised on the sout side of Miwaukee.
23. If you could change anything about yourself, would you? I'd be independently wealthy.
24. What do you wear to sleep? That all depends...
25. What is your favorite casual outfit to wear? T-shirt, Old Navy Cargos and sandals.
26. Do you use cigarettes or alcohol? Never.
27. If I only had one day to live, what would we do together? (If you have no idea, just say something crazy, it’ll entertain me!) First off, there is no “we” because I have no idea who you are.
28. Rate the memes that you play generally. Use any scale or just in order.They're memes. Who needs to rate them? You do them and then they hit your archives and you don't think about them anymore.
Lola's Diner ©2008-2010