If I’ve tried the food, I’ll make it purple. If I refuse to ever try it, I’ll bold it.
1. Venison - I love venison. I once made a batch of venison stew, best stew I ever had.
2. Nettle tea - I believe I tried this when I hired a personal diet guru back when I was single and had $$. I didn't care for it.
3. Huevos rancheros - Of course! Love Mexican food!
4. Steak tartare - Yes, and I liked it. Wouldn't touch raw meat now though.
6. Black pudding
7. Cheese fondue - I love fondue! Which reminds me, I still need to have a fondue party!
9. Borscht - Sounds disgusting.
10. Baba ghanoush
13. PB&J sandwich
14. Aloo gobi - Mmm. Love Indian food!
15. Hot dog from a street cart- Never from a street cart.
17. Black truffle
18. Fruit wine made from something other than grapes- I chocolate wine once. Kinda weird.
19. Steamed pork buns
20. Pistachio ice cream- I love pistachio ice cream!
21. Heirloom tomatoes- I’m pretty sure I’ve had these.
22. Fresh wild berries- When I was a kid we picked strawberries growing in a field. I guess that constitutes "wild".
23. Foie gras
24. Rice and beans
25. Brawn, or head cheese - Not a chance! Bonus points if you remember what movie this line comes from "My brother makes head cheese reeeeeeeal gooood."
26. Raw Scotch Bonnet pepper
27. Dulce de leche - Does dulce de leche flavored ice cream count?
28. Oysters- Oysters Rockefeller...yum!
30. Bagna cauda
31. Wasabi peas
32. Clam chowder in a sourdough bowl- Not in a sourdough bowl. But I prefer Manhattan Clam Chowder. Very hard to find around here.
33. Salted lassi
35. Root beer float
36. Cognac with a fat cigar - Not the Cognac, but I've had cigars.
37. Clotted cream tea - Not a fan of anything in my tea. Straight up please!
38. Vodka jelly/Jell-O shot- Surprisingly, never had one.
39. Gumbo- Love it!
41. Curried goat
42. Whole insects
44. Goat’s milk- I’ve had goat’s cheese, so that counts, right?
45. Single malt whiskey - Whiskey is my friend.
47. Chicken tikka masala- Love it! We make this at home all the time.
48. Eel- In sushi form only.
49. Krispy Kreme original glazed doughnut- I just don't see what's so special about them.
50. Sea urchin
51. Prickly pear
53. Abalone - Tuna? Yes.
54. Paneer - Saag paneer! Love it!
55. McDonald’s Big Mac Meal- Not a fan, but have had it.
57. Dirty gin martini - The dirtier the better!
58. Beer above 8% ABV- Probably have had it.
60. Carob chips - Yes I've had it, and no, I don't think it's a good substitute for chocolate chips.
66. Frogs’ legs - Tastes like chicken. Really!
67. Beignets, churros, elephant ears or funnel cake
69. Fried plantain
70. Chitterlings, or andouillette
71. Gazpacho- Triple love it! But it's a lot of work to make at home.
72. Caviar and blini - I've had caviar. Usually have it for New Year's Eve. Never had blini.
73. Louche absinthe
74. Gjetost, or brunost
75. Roadkill- What? No way!
77. Hostess Fruit Pie - What school lunch in WI didn't include Hostess?
79. Lapsang souchong
80. Bellini- One of the best summer cocktails!
81. Tom yum
82. Eggs Benedict - Yum! Usually make this for holiday breakfast.
84. Tasting menu at a three-Michelin-star restaurant - Umm, yeah, right, on my salary?
85. Kobe beef
88. Flowers- Probably, at a restaurant.
91. Spam - Spam and eggs!
92. Soft shell crab
93. Rose harissa
95. Mole poblano- I’m not a huge fan of mole.
96. Bagel and lox- Love it! It's been too long though.
97. Lobster Thermidor - I had my first whole lobster last month. Yum!
98. Polenta - Not a fan.
99. Jamaican Blue Mountain Coffee
So now I want to know, what you have you tried? What do you want to try? What will you never try!
Lola's Diner ©2008-2012