The Latest from Lola's Diner
Friday, March 26, 2010
Favorite Don't-Look-At-My-iPod-Display Band
I am a fan of all things 70's and 80's rock, with some current pop mixed in. I'm not a fan of Celine Dion, but, her Ave Maria is spectacular, and that's on my ipod.
Favorite Supermaket Rag
I don't buy them, unless I know I'm going to be laid up for awhile. When I do, The National Enquirer is a must. So is People Magazine.
Favorite Gossip Site
TMZ - without a doubt
Favorite Movie You Have Never Admitted Until Just Now That You Love
Say Anything. With John & Joan Cusack. I'm just a sucker for sappy John Cusack movies.
Best Sex Scene In a Movie
Without a doubt! Gina Gershon and Jennifer Tilly in Bound 1996.
Most Embarrassing Celebrity Crush
I don't know that I have one.
Television Show On Which You Want a Walk-On Role
comedy - Big Bang Theory
drama - Grey's Anatomy
Song That Makes You Table Dance
I don't ever recall table dancing. But, any Abba song will make me chair dance.
Favorite Trashy Novel
I don't read trashy novels. I typically read memoirs.
Favorite Movie To Be Depressed By
aka: Movies that make you cry. "Beaches", "Fried Green Tomatoes".
What are some of your guilty pleasures??
Thursday, March 25, 2010
Whatever happened to apologizing to the guest for running long and inviting them back another night? It was just stupid. And Joan Jett looked pissed. I know I would be. And I AM. I was looking forward to seeing her appearance. Certainly not only 10 seconds of it.
Dave Letterman you suck!
Invite Joan Jett back and let her play a full song and invite her back to the desk for a chat about her upcoming movie.
Wednesday, March 24, 2010
On the other hand, I thought I'd do a movie review. I rented Grey Gardens (2009). At first we thought that Drew Barrymore's accent was waayyy off. It seemed not to be anything like what you would think a East Hampton socialite's accent would sound like. It seemed way over the top. Edith "Big Edie" Ewing Bouvier Beale and her daughter Edith "Little Edie" Bouvier Beale were the aunt and first cousin of Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy Onassis. The two women lived together at Grey Gardens for decades with limited funds, in squalor and isolation. We laughed our asses off at how eccentric this mother daughter duo were.
When I discovered that there was an award winning documentary, Grey Gardens (1975), with the original Ediths. OMG! I had to rent it! Drew Barrymore had Little Edie's accent down! And the costuming and make-up were amazing in the 2009 movie. They truly made Jessica Lange and Drew Barrymore become Big Edie and Little Edie. I don't think I've ever laughed so hard. If you rent the 2009 movie, you must watch the documentary after. And be sure to watch for Little Edie's traveling brooch.
Tuesday, March 23, 2010
All weekend long I was immersed in the land of computers. My desktop computer, which I hadn't used in ages, because I thought the Flat Screen Monitor was broken, lives! Apparently there is a power cord that plugs into the back of the screen. (Who woulda thunk it?) After completely clearing off the table it sits on, I discovered the cord and the place it belongs plugged into. Wah lah! You plug it in, it works! So I don't need a new monitor or someone else's dinosaur monitor.
After I got the monitor going, it was time to download McAfee Anti-Virus. This went fairly quickly. Then to downloading AdAware and running a scan. It found over 700 objects and 2 trojans. Yikes! Then I ran Windows Live Scan (it literally ran until 3am) and came up with over 700 Registry errors. Then back to CCleaner to take care of those pesky Registry errors. Then this morning my McAfee wouldn't work. A little more noodling around, got it working.
Why all this trouble you ask? Uncle Sam. He's got this thing about April 15th.
So finally I'm ready to install the tax software. Update it. Then I'm going through my records and I don't have my freakin' W-2. So I call and request it and sweet talk the person who took my call into giving me the numbers. I did my taxes and Anastasia's. Her's are all printed and ready to go, mine will wait until I get my W-2 to make sure that the figures are in the correct boxes. Let's just say I will be counting the minutes until I get that thing! I want my refund...and I want that vacation...on a beach...with an umbrella drink and some excellent company. ;)
While I was waiting and waiting and still waiting for the scans, I organized 2 drawers, found the missing wireless card (now I have another laptop to set-up for internet and parental controls and anti-virus, and all those other scanning tools.)
I feel like I accomplished a lot. Had I had some empty boxes I would have gotten a lot more done.
Sunday, March 21, 2010
Sunday Stealing: The Eight Tens Meme
TEN TO START.
1. Are you single? Yes.
2. Are you happy? I would be happier if I didn't have to stress about money so much. And, if I could see a certain someone this weekend.
3. Are you bored? As I write this, there is absolutely nothing on local tv.
4. Are you naked? Under my clothes…
5. Are you a blonde? Nope. Brunette with lots of gray. Thinking about having it colored.
6. Are you moody? Who? Me?
7. Are you a lover/hater? Of….???
8. Are you hot/cold? I'm cold right now. In 5 minutes I'll probably be hot. Not loving the hot flashes.
9. Are you Irish? Yes.
10. Are you Asian? No.
1. Name: Lola
2. Nicknames: Mom...and the other one I can't put here.
3. Birth mark: No.
4. Hair color: You just asked this.
5. Natural hair color: Yes, gray and all.
6. Eye color: Brown.
7. Height: 5' 6"
8. Facebook Mood: Huh?
9. Favorite color: Purple.
10. One Place to Visit: I would love to go to a place with a beach and tropical drinks with umbrellas in them with...
TEN THINGS ABOUT YOUR LOVE LIFE.
1. Do you believe in love at first sight? Always have.
2. Do you believe in soul mates? Yes.
4. Have you ever been hurt emotionally? Duh! Have you been paying attention on my blog lately?
5. Have you ever broken someone’s heart? Actually, I don't think so.
6. Have you ever been cheated on? Hello! See #4.
7. Have you ever liked someone and not told them? Yeah, sometimes you have to play it cool.
8. Are you afraid of commitment? Never!
9. Who was the last person you hugged? My son.
10. Who was the last person you kissed? Can't say, promised I wouldn't talk about it on my blog.
TEN THIS OR THAT.
1. Love or lust? BOTH!
3. Cats or dogs? Both, but I currently have 2 cats.
4. A few best friends or many regular friends? It would be nice to have any kind…
5. Television or internet? Both. I multi-task!
6. Chinese Or Indian? Food? Both. Having Indian food...homemade tonight.
7. Wild night out or romantic night in? Romantic nights are a da bomb!
8. Money or Happiness? Both. Money can make you happier. Especially when you are having such trouble making ends meet. A little more money can definitely make you happier. It reduces the stress.
9. Night or day? I'm a night owl.
10. MSN or phone? I have no idea what this means.
TEN HAVE YOU EVER.
1. Been caught sneaking out? Nope! I'm a sly fox!
2. Been skinny dipping? Nope.
3. Stolen? Memes.
4. Bungee jumped? Not a chance!
5. Lied to someone you liked? Stupid question.
6. Finished an entire jaw breaker? I dunno.
8. Wanted an ex bf/gf back? Can we got go there? It's too fresh.
9. Cried because you lost a pet? Yes.
10. Wanted to disappear? Sure...who hasn't?
TEN PREFERENCES IN A PARTNER.
1. Smile or eyes? Both.
2. Light or dark hair? Either.
3. Hugs or kisses? Both. And at the same time!
4. Shorter or taller? Either.
5. Intelligence or attraction? Both.
6. Romantic or spontaneous? Both.
7. Funny or serious? Both.
8. Older or Younger? I've recently had this reaffirmed...younger is better!
9. Outgoing or quiet? Either.
10. Sweet or Bad Ass? Both.
11. RICH? That would be nice!
TEN HAVE YOU’S.
1. Ever performed in front of a large crowd? Not that I know of. Lol!
2. Ever done drugs? Whatever my doctor legally prescribes. Thank you very much!
3. Ever been pregnant? Duh!
5. Ever been on a cheer leading team? What are you smokin'?
6. Ever Been on a dance team? What are you smokin'?
7. Ever been on a sports team? In my 20's I was on Nearly Normal's softball team. I've also been in bowling leagues.
8. Ever been in a drama play/production? In 4-H Club when I was a kid. I just stood there. Lol!
9. Ever owned a BMW, Mercedes Benz, Escalade, Hummer or Bentley? Nope.
10. Ever been in a rap video? Yeah, me and Snoop Dog are tight.
1. Last phone call you made: Ex. Returning her call regarding help setting up a wireless computer network.
2. Last person you hung out with: Can't say. Remember? I'm not blogging about it.
4. Last time you worked: 2007.
5. Last person you tackled: I have no idea.
6. Last person you IM’d: Can't say. Remember? I'm not blogging about it.
8. Last person(s) you went to the movies with: I went by myself. Saw The Blindside.
9. Last thing you missed: Can't say. Remember? I'm not blogging about it.
10. Last thing you ate: V8 Southwestern Corn Chowder Soup. Mmmm.