1. Has anyone asked you to believe in something that called for a huge leap of faith on your part?Can't really think of anything.
2. When is the last time you moved? Why did you move?I moved to suburbia 6 years ago. I moved to be closer to Anastasia's family. Now I'm stuck out here.
3. Malls? ..or one Internet? Are you doing more online shopping this year? The polls say we are, but I’m curious about what the real people are doing.I don't do malls. I do Target, Walmart, Kmart and Meijer. It's about equal, about 1/2 online, 1/2 in store.
4. Do you remember the first meme you participated in and if so, what was it?Probably would be 8 things about me or something like that.
5. If you could invent something, what would it be?I don't know, but whatever it would be I would want it to be the next "thing" and I would want it to sell bazzillions of units to make me lots of moola!
6. Are you finished with your shopping? Do you still a few things to go? What? Not even a game plan? …or is there just one person you’re having trouble finding something for? I think I'm done...except for buying my son a birthday present.
7. What’s left to do at your place (or where you are going)? Is the tree up? …or maybe you’re just happy you found the Christmas coffee mug and are calling that good?Everything is left to do! The Christmas tree and ornaments are still in the attic and I don't have a single gift wrapped.
8. Is your life turning out the way you thought it would when you were a kid? If not, is it better or worse?I can't even remember that far back anymore!
9. Tell us about something you’ll miss about 2010.I'd rather not say.
Soooo...What are you all doing for New Year's Eve? I still don't know what I'm doing. In years past I've either stayed home, gone to or hosted a house party where guests were welcome to crash til morning, or in the distant past...bar hopped by bus where I was once a freakin' walking New Year's Eve Party.
Wednesday I took my son to the orthopedic doctor. He got a walking cast. Not because it's broken, but because that way his ankle and foot will stay stable to promote healing because he really injured it badly. His toes were even bruised purple! He gets the cast off in 3 weeks. I am not thrilled that I have to drive him to the freakin' bus stop and pick him up every day though, but I don't want him breaking the cast or getting the boot or the cast wet...and with the snow, getting it wet will be guaranteed on a 3 block walk. And realistically, falling and breaking his neck is a possibility too. And I did call the bus company for the high school...they refuse to do door to door...even...with a doctor's note! That's bs! Their excuse was that there were way too many high school kids with casts on their legs to accommodate everyone. Again! BS! I've had bus drivers for my kids in junior high who gave my kids door to door service when it was raining or snowing, so to not do so for a kid with a cast or on crutches is BS! Anyone out there not clear on that? It's BS!
...My son will only learn that the knit cap I wrapped around his foot (because even his big men's socks won't fit over the cast) and strapped his boot over will keep his feet warm (and not look very cool, but so what? Isn't Spiderman still in?) when he gets a frost bitten toe! He actually told me when I picked him up from the bus stop and noticed the missing Spiderman knit cap that it fell off. It fell off? Really? The boot that goes over the walking cast is like a ginormous sandal with straps...exactly how did it fall off?
RIP Ron Santo. His funeral is today. Anyone going to the funeral or the simulcast at Wrigley Field? I just heard about the Wrigley Field thing today, but a bunch of people I know did want to go to the viewing and funeral and I could have tagged along, but we all thought that because the area for the public was so small, that it would just be a waste of time. Who wants to stand in a line in the cold in a crowd and not even be able to see it?
So...how bout dem Sox? Konerko...$37.5 million...seriously?
How bout da Bears? How do you think the big game is going to go on Sunday? I'm rooting for da Bears, but I don't know if they're gonna be able to pull off a win.
Did anyone see "O" on Babwa wa wa? She said she's not a lesbian. Bwhahwhahahahahah!
Oh...and the Christmas tree? It's still in the attic with the ornaments. However, we do have Christmas stockings up. My son went up in the attic on Tuesday and brought them down. No doubt he overheard me saying that Saint Nicholas can't come if you don't hang your stockings. Unfortunately I tried it with Santa Claus, Santa can't come unless he has a decorated tree to put the gifts under, but I doubt it's gonna work. The reason being...Saint Nicholas usually puts a little candy in the stockings. Santa does bring candy. Lol!
1. A HAZY SHADE OF WINTER But look around, the leaves are brown, And the sky is a hazy shade of winter. Oh, seasons change with scenery, weaving time in a tapestry, Won’t you stop and remember me? Do you think of someone special during Winter?Santa is always a good choice. That or someone to shovel the driveway.
2. BRIDGE OVER TROUBLED WATER When you’re down and out, When you’re on the street, When evening falls so hard I will comfort you. I’ll take your part. What cheers you up? Going to see a friend or meeting up with a bunch of friends. And of course that means blog pallies too!
3. EL CONDOR PASA I’d rather be a forest than a street. Yes I would. If I could, I surely would. I’d rather feel the earth beneath my feet. When was the last time you went barefoot in the grass?Probably the last time it was warm enough to do it.
4. AMERICA Counting the cars on the New Jersey Turnpike, They’ve all come to look for America… How do you entertain yourself during a traffic jam? Everyone that rides with me know that if I turn on my road trip cd mix that starts out with Queen's We Will Rock You, Under Pressure, then Offspring's Hit That, Self Esteem, Want You Bad and more similar stuff. And I turn it up LOUD...and I sing along!
5. SOUNDS OF SILENCE When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light that split the night And touched the sound of silence. What words would flash on your ideal neon sign?Talk to me? Lol! At least that's what it feels like it says over my head.
6. 59th STREET BRIDGE SONG Got no deeds to do, No promises to keep. I’m dappled and drowsy and ready to sleep. Let the morning time drop all its petals on me. Life, I love you, All is groovy. What was the last event that made you feel groovy? I don't know. I guess I'd have to say the Halloween party I went to. A couple of people were dressed kind of funky...and it kind of reminded me of some people in high school and bell bottoms and all that.
7. RICHARD CORY The papers print his picture almost everywhere he goes: Richard Cory at the opera, Richard Cory at a show. And the rumor of his parties and the orgies on his yacht! Oh, he surely must be happy with everything he’s got. Do you make enough money to keep you happy? NO! I've been going backwards instead of forwards in terms of how much money I bring into my household. It would be nice to make enough to take a decent vacation once in a while and be able to afford to go out a lot more often and be able to shop for more than 2 pairs of slacks (because that's all I can afford, so when I lose weight and drop a size, I've literally only got 2 pairs of slacks that fit properly and that sux.) And of course it would be nice to grocery shop without mentally calculating almost the the penny how much I've spent and be able to buy things that are not on sale when I like that item or that brand. And of course be able to buy healthier food, cuz heaven knows it's expensive to buy fresh fruit and vegetables (let alone try to buy organic).
8. THE BOXER In the clearing stands a boxer, And a fighter by his trade And he carries the reminders Of ev’ry glove that laid him down. How do you feel about boxing as a sport? I don't know enough about it to like it or dislike it.
9. MRS ROBINSON Hide in the hiding place where no one ever goes. Put it in your pantry with your cupcakes. It’s a little secret just the Robinsons’ affair. Most of all you’ve got to hide it from the kids. What was the last thing you hid from the kids or significant other in your home? Always...Christmas presents. And the other stuff I can't say. ;)
10. I AM A ROCK I have my books And my poetry to protect me; I am shielded in my armor, What item protects you? I'm hoping to find someone to fill that position... ;)
11. KATHY’S SONG I hear the drizzle of the rain Like a memory it falls Soft and warm continuing Tapping on my roof and walls. What is your least favorite thing about rain?When it makes the roadway slippery.
12. HOMEWARD BOUND Home where my thought’s escaping, Home where my music’s playing, Home where my love lies waiting Silently for me. What’s your favorite thing about your home? My vegetable garden.
13. FIFTY WAYS TO LEAVE YOUR LOVER The problem is all inside your head, she said to me The answer is easy if you take it logically I’d like to help you in your struggle to be free There must be fifty ways to leave your lover. What was the worst way you ever left a lover?Uhhh, can't say...I plead the 5th!
I love stop-motion animation! And I love the Christmas episodes of series. They are always fun. Community's episode Thursday, December 9ths is completely stop-motion animation. The episode is called "Abed's Uncontrollable Christmas".
Here are some clips:
Great episode! I can't give away the ending, but Abed goes through a kind of a personal journey in this episode and he becomes aware of it when he notices that he and everything and everyone else in this episode is now clay animation.
Be sure to tune in Thursday night on NBC to watch!
I wrote this review while participating in a project for One2One Network. I was provided a link for an advance viewing of the episode and will be entered in a drawing along with all other participants. All opinions are mine and this post has not been reviewed or edited by anyone.
Many of you may have read my previous reviews of Eden Fantasys. It's gift giving time and if you're stuck for ideas, how about an intimate or romantic gift? Something you and your significant other can enjoy together, or how about something for yourself?
Eden Fantasys has a wide selection of a adult toys, sex toys, dildos, vibrators, adult games, dvds, and lingerie. You're sure to find something unique and fun! You can select Toys For Women, Toys For Men, Toys For Couples or Toys For Gender Play if you're not sure what you're looking for. There is even a gift finder and links for Gifts Under $20, 40% off gifts and 50% off gifts! Many products have reviews, so you can check out how others like a particular product and decide if it's right for you.
I'm sure many of you heard my scream of frustration when I picked up my son yesterday and he told me that his "friend" refused to go to the nurse's office to pick up the elevator key and my son had to WALK up the stairs with his crutches. WTF? My son could fall and break his neck! You can bet when I drop him off at school in the morning I will talk to the nurse and tell her in no uncertain terms that she MUST find someone to accompany him to his 2nd floor class and get the elevator key. (If you missed my earlier post, my son is on crutches because he tore a ligament in gym.) And...he's home again today. Grrrr!
And I'm sure you all heard my scream of frustration when I called the orthopedic doctor and was told that I should have called them the day after the accident, instead of waiting like the ER said to. They still were able to get him in tomorrow, but it wasn't easy.
I ran around so much yesterday that I never did have a chance to call the orthopedic doctor. I felt like I spent the day in the car.
About 2 weeks ago I fit into the only pair of Levi's I own. They were actually a bit loose. Today I bought a brand new pair of Levis (and can I say the quality has gone seriously downhill from my circa 1980'ish Levi's?) a size smaller. I figured I'd be putting them on the shelf as my next goal. (I've been doing this all along. Buying 1-2 pairs of pants a size smaller than what currently fits. Then when that smaller size fits, I rinse and repeat.) I tried them on when I got home and they fit!!!! (Can you see me doing the happy dance?)
Welcome to the first ever Tribal Blogs Carnival! For our first carnival we are talking about the worst Christmas gifts ever. Some of us received them and some of us gave them.
My ex, Anastasia was not a good gift giver. Often times she forgot holidays, or perhaps she didn't forget them, they just snuck up on her and she succumbed to the pressure by shopping at Walgreens. Ok, I guess you could say she shopped like a guy. Now I'm sure if one were creative enough one could find a wonderful gift at Walgreens, or create a thoughtful gift basket or...something. Something that didn't look like they ran into Walgreens in a panic and bought the first thing that they saw.
Our last Christmas together was the worst. I suspect because she was already seeing the other woman. (Yes, if you're new to this blog, she was cheating on me.) She had asked for a list of things I would want (she always did that for Christmas for me and the kids). I don't think I've ever asked a significant other what they'd like for Christmas, I just pay attention! I'd even email her links to buy the items online at the cheapest price. Yes, I did all the leg work. The item top on my list was a cast iron dutch oven. I found the best buy at Walmart. A few days before Christmas she declared that she was tired of Christmas shopping (she had already bought gifts for everyone else) and asked me to pick up the dutch oven. She also said she ran out of money and could I pay for it. So yes, folks, I went to Walmart, braved the crowds and purchased my own gift with my own money. It wasn't just that I had to go get the gift that bothered me, it was that I also had to pay for it.
What are some of the thoughtful creative (and I might add, usually expensive) gifts I've given in the past? 1. Ipod Nano which I not only loaded with lots of music that the recipient loves, but also with a slide show complete with appropriate songs that played during the slide show. Also play lists created by me with various themes. Music mixes if you will. 2. Ipod Nano loaded with lots of music that the recipient loves. 3. Digital SLR camera and case for the photography lover. 4. Amazon Kindle. (Which by the way is what I got Anastasia the year I had to buy my own Christmas gift with my own money.) 5. Photo collages and a photo album of old family photos which I obtained by secretly meeting with Anastasia's sister and Mother and spending hours at Wolf Camera scanning photos and getting reprints. 6. A dutch baby pancake pan for the dutch baby pancake lover. A pan that is expensive and very difficult to find and I seriously doubt has ever even been used. 7. A very expensive Nike driver for the golf lover. 8. A very expensive set of Nike golf clubs. (And I actually was chastised for not buying the matching bag. The nerve!)
I could go on and on, but I think you get the point. I'm thoughtful, I pay attention to what the recipient likes and I'm creative. The fact that many of the gifts were expensive is beside the point. The point is that I took care in selecting something I knew the recipient would love.
So how can you avoid giving the worst Christmas gift ever? 1. Pay attention always. Does the recipient have any hobbies and do they need any upgraded equipment for those hobbies? Has the recipient mentioned in passing that they like a particular gadget or item? 2. If you have little money to spend, is there something that you can hand make or create that is thoughtful and just perfect for the recipient? Is there a gag gift that would be hilarious that you could create from some inexpensive items? 3. Check around the recipient's place, do they have any family photos up and if not, can you get access to some photos to make reprints? I think the person who doesn't appreciate old family photos is rare and who wouldn't appreciate copies of photos from their childhood or family? Or take that box of photographs in the back of the closet and put them in chronological or thematic order and create photo collages or photo albums. 4. Is the person a music or movie lover who would appreciate a gadget pre-loaded with their favorites?
Click on this link to go to the next Tribal Blogs Carnival participant:
Remember to comment early and often and perhaps you can be in the top 3 and get a FREE ad on Lola's Diner.
If you're an observant reader, you've noticed I've returned to Entrecard. I couldn't stand the loss of traffic. I tried, believe me I tried to stay away. So if you're on Entrecard, be sure to advertise on my blog. If you don't know what Entrecard is, it is a great, FREE way to get more traffic/readers to your blog.
Simply click onEntrecard(so I get referral credit) and sign up.