Recent Posts

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Random Tuesday Thoughts


All weekend long I was immersed in the land of computers. My desktop computer, which I hadn't used in ages, because I thought the Flat Screen Monitor was broken, lives! Apparently there is a power cord that plugs into the back of the screen. (Who woulda thunk it?) After completely clearing off the table it sits on, I discovered the cord and the place it belongs plugged into. Wah lah! You plug it in, it works! So I don't need a new monitor or someone else's dinosaur monitor.

After I got the monitor going, it was time to download McAfee Anti-Virus. This went fairly quickly. Then to downloading AdAware and running a scan. It found over 700 objects and 2 trojans. Yikes! Then I ran Windows Live Scan (it literally ran until 3am) and came up with over 700 Registry errors. Then back to CCleaner to take care of those pesky Registry errors. Then this morning my McAfee wouldn't work. A little more noodling around, got it working.

Why all this trouble you ask? Uncle Sam. He's got this thing about April 15th.

So finally I'm ready to install the tax software. Update it. Then I'm going through my records and I don't have my freakin' W-2. So I call and request it and sweet talk the person who took my call into giving me the numbers. I did my taxes and Anastasia's. Her's are all printed and ready to go, mine will wait until I get my W-2 to make sure that the figures are in the correct boxes. Let's just say I will be counting the minutes until I get that thing! I want my refund...and I want that vacation...on a beach...with an umbrella drink and some excellent company. ;)

While I was waiting and waiting and still waiting for the scans, I organized 2 drawers, found the missing wireless card (now I have another laptop to set-up for internet and parental controls and anti-virus, and all those other scanning tools.)

I feel like I accomplished a lot. Had I had some empty boxes I would have gotten a lot more done.

Lola's Diner
©2008-2010

5 comments:

Shelly said...

I did our taxes a couple weeks ago and the State check already arrived. We've booked a beach house for a week in August but I could so use some time at the beach NOW!

StaceyC4 said...

Wow, that's an impressive day of accomplishments! I did our taxes last month and now watch the mail daily for Uncle Sam's check!

Lin said...

Hooray! Look at you working hard! :) Hope you get a big refund and a nice vacation.

Jen said...

I did my taxes a few weeks ago. No vacation but the refund will come in handy.

I am Harriet said...

Dropping entrecards will get you those things. Thank goodness for antivirus.....

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©