Green & Black's Organic:
No matter how you celebrate Valentine’s Day, one element is consistent – chocolate. But rather than indulge in heart-shaped chocolate, why not choose chocolate that has a heart? Green & Black’s Organic Chocolate is not only organic, as the name implies, but also Fair Trade Certified. That means that all of its products are made from Fair Trade ingredients. The farmers they work with receive a guaranteed minimum for their ingredients, along with an additional premium to invest in the social, environmental, and economic development of their countries. This ensures a higher quality of life for the farmers and a high quality of chocolate for the world. Now that’s love.
Green & Black’s Organic Chocolate offers 13 chocolate flavors, ranging from light to dark chocolate. Traditional varieties include Milk, Dark 70%, Dark 85%, and White, while the more unique flavors are Maya Gold, Hazelnut and Currant, Ginger, and the newest flavor, Peanut & Sea Salt. In addition to its lineup, Green & Black's also makes and baking bars, perfect for making a romantic Valentine’s Day can be found in the new Green & Black’s Organic Chocolate cookbook, Ultimate.
I tried the Hazelnut and Currant Dark Chocolate bar. Smooth, creamy, quite possibly the best chocolate I've tasted. And I love hazelnuts, and dark chocolate, so this was my first pick to try.
Green & Black's Organic sells chocolate bars and baking chocolate.
Here is a recipe Green & Black's Organic asked me to share with my readers:
Strawberry and White Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
9oz Green & Black’s White Chocolate
1¼ cups full-fat or light cream cheese
7oz fromage frais or crème fraîche
1 1/3 cups strawberries, coarsely chopped
- Put the shortbread cookies in a plastic bag, tie loosely or seal, and smash with a rolling pin until they resemble breadcrumbs.
- Mix the cookie crumbs with the softened butter and press firmly onto the base of a non-stick 8in springform pan. Refrigerate until needed.
- Melt the white chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of barely simmering water, making sure the bowl doesn’t touch the water, then set aside to cool.
- Beat together the cream cheese and until smooth and thick. Add the strawberries to the cheese mixture with the cooled melted chocolate and mix.
- Spoon the cheesecake topping onto the cookie base. Level the top and chill for 4 to 6 hours or overnight before serving.
To find out where you can buy Green & Blacks Organic Chocolate near you, click this link.
For the giveaway, simply tell me which recipe you'd like to try. That's it! Couldn't be more simple. Please include your email address so that if you are the winner I can contact you for your mailing address to submit it to them. Winner will be announced on Valentines Day. Of course!
Lola's Diner Disclaimer: I was given this product to review. This review is 100% my opinion and has not been edited or reviewed by anyone. I was not compensated in any other way for this product review.
Lola's Diner ©2008-2011