Recent Posts

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Sunday Stealing - The Imaginary Meme, Part 3


Welcome back to Sunday Stealing which originated on WTIT: The Blog authored by Bud Weiser. Here we will steal all types of memes from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent memes. You may have heard of the expression, “honor amongst thieves”. In that age-old tradition, we also have our rules. First, we always credit the blog that we stole it from and we will “fess up” to the blog owner where we stole the meme. We also provide a link to the victim's post. (It's our way of saying "Thanks!") We do sometimes edit the original meme, usually to make it more relevant to our global players, to challenge our players, sometimes to select that meme's best questions, or simply to make it less repetitive from either this new meme or recently asked questions from a prior featured meme. Let's go!!!
Today we ripped off a blogger named Hui Lin from the blog Conversations with an Imaginary Audience. It's 200 questions, so we will do it in parts. Lots of parts. She does not state where she got it from. But this is someone who could not come up a separate screen name and a blog name. But, it was probably stolen there as well. So, of course, that will be as far as we go. Tracing back our theft's thieves might take some time. Take the time to comment on other player's posts. It's a great way to make new friends! Link back to us at Sunday Stealing!

Sunday Stealing: The Imaginary Meme, Part Three
41. Growing up, who was the easier mark: Mom or Dad? Mom, but Mom was around more because she was a stay at home Mom.
42. What is the stupidest pet that you ever saw? Any pet in a pet show all blow dried and fluffed into an unnatural looking do.
43. Tell us about a band whose every CD is a “must have”.  Creed.  And I think I do have all but their newest CD.  I enjoy their music and their message.
44. Where you surprised when Jim Parsons came out? I wasn't aware he came out.  Congratulations to him!  In an industry where there is such a quandary about coming out, I salute him for having the courage to come out.  Now if the skank media could leave him alone and let him have his privacy, that would be great.
45. Have you ever shoplifted? Once...when I was a kid.  Peer pressure.  Every day during the summer the neighbor kids and I would walk to PDQ.  Most of the time I had no money and watched the other kids buy candy.  One day I was pressured to take something.  I took a 3x3 pad of paper.  Rainbow colors...of course.  Never again!  We ran through the woods to go home and I was sure the police would catch up with us.  Every time I went to the store after that I was sure the clerk was watching me.  It was wrong and it wasn't worth it.
46. We currently have a person who plays both this meme and Saturday 9 who signs in to Mr. Linky every week. Yet, if you click on that link, you are told that only “members” can read the blog. Why do you think that person even bothers to sign in or for that matter, do the meme? (Don't misunderstand, we have no rules and we aren't angry. But it is damn peculiar, no?) I think that's just dumb.  I've been away from blogging for awhile and have found a couple of my favorite blogs have gone private.  How does one become a member?  The "must be a member" message never explains that.  And yes, I do think it's silly to sign up for a meme and leave a link to a member's only blog.  But in this case, Mr. Linky is doing it to promote his business.  Isn't it Mr. Linky who has a program like Mister Linky's Magical Widgets?
47. Have you ever driven a Ferrari? Yeah, right.  And I live in a mansion overlooking a beautiful view.
48. What do you call those little plastic things on the ends of shoelaces? Plastic tips?
49. Have you ever walked more than a mile? Yes, numerous times.  I think the longest walk I ever took was when I first moved to Chicago and I was taking a break from constant job hunting.  I walked from Addison and Broadway to Sears Tower (No!  I will not say the new name!)
50. Do you believe in magic?  Whether you mean magic, as in magician's slight of hand or using "magic" to explain something unexplainable...no.
51. Have you ever been arrested? No, but I did take a ride in the back of a police car to the back area of a police station when I was in an accident and couldn't drive my car.  I got a "complimentary" tour of the booking area while I waited for someone to pick me up.
52. Have you ever skinny dipped? Nope.
53. Explain what you think about hippies. I think hippies are way cool!  Great music, they know how to chill, and in my experience, they have been friendly and very interesting people.
54. New York or California?  New York..for sure.  I've already been to California over some not so great circumstances.  I'd very much like to go to New York and attend a play.  Jim Parson's "Harvey" comes to mind. :)
55. Have you ever been dumped?  Hasn't everyone?  I've been the dumpee more than the dumper, and I'm not fond of being in that position either.  It's very stressful and often no matter what you say it gets ugly.  I like to think I take being dumped rather gracefully.  I don't know if the dumpers would feel that way, but I honestly think it's true.
56. What are you wearing right now? Levi's jeans and a Brian Urlacher tee-shirt.  Go Bears!
57. John Edwards had a mistrial. How do you think he conducted himself after the verdict? I don't know, I didn't see what he did.  What did he do?
58. Did you watch the series finale of House? No.  I'm not a big fan of house.  I didn't care for the way the main character treated the other characters in the gay/bi-sexual episodes.
59. You may need to go back a long way if you are old like Harriet. Who was the last person who asked you out? (Or that asked you out. Same dumb question either way.) My girfriend, 14 months ago.  
60. Do you have any collections? I don't think so.  Not now.  As a kid I had a baseball collection and different trading card collections.
 
Thank you for playing this week on Sunday Stealing! Please leave a comment or link when you have posted. Stop back and visit other player’s posts. That is really what this is all about, making new friends! Have a great week. See you next Sunday! (201)
Lola's Diner ©2008-2012

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

skinny dipping is very liberating, you should try it!

I am Harriet said...

He was an over-all douchebag.
:)

Good to see you back Lola.

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©