Recent Posts

Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Third, fourth and cat musings

Fell asleep during the third treatment, was awake for the entire fourth treatment. Was just approaching freak out mode when the door opened and the tech walked in as the machine slid me out. I forgot the lavender oil. Next treatment is Wednesday, can’t forget it again. 

Cat musing #1-Maddux is driving us up a tree with his daily whining after our lunch time. We’ve gotten him into the habit of eating a small can of grain-free wet food. So it is our own fault, but it’s soooo obnoxious. He will stand in front of you “meeeeeow, meeeeeow” over and over. First he tries me, then my spouse, then my son who will not play. “You’re asking the wrong dude, dude.” Lol!

Cat musing #2-Irish is being clingy weird. She’s normally very aloof, if she wants to be scratched she’ll come by, but when she’s had enough...off she goes. My spouse has had to sleep on the Lazy Boy recliner sofa because she can’t do stairs. (She’s having an awfully painful recovery with this 2nd leg. She should be in outpatient PT, but she’s still on home visits and the therapist is only having her do stretching exercises. So she is quite far behind where she should be and she’s in a lot of pain. I do have some super cranky times. Times when the back pain is bad and so is the headache. It’s usually when it’s meal prep time and I’m getting no help.) So she’s downstairs and I’m upstairs alone. But not really. Most every night Irish sleeps with me now. All night. She usually sleeps at the foot of the bed, but lately she had been coming up by my abdomen and pushing up against me and falls asleep. Before she goes to bed she comes around for scratching, real close and stays for a long while. If I stop scratching, she smacks me with one paw, then the other. She does that a few rounds, if I don’t scratch, then she head butts me. She’s also done the submissive lie on her back and wants me to scratch her belly (whose cat is this? It’s not Irish). If I don’t comply or stop she uses both paws to grab my hand and pull it to her belly. It’s just been a lot of out of character behavior. I know they say pets can sense when you’re not feeling well, but this behavior is overboard. Even my cuddly Maddux doesn’t hang out this long. 

Cat musing #3 Bubba-She’s a freakin weirdo. She comes in, jumps on the bed, walks right up to my face and says a very high pitched “mehhhh”. And repeats it several times. She doesn’t want her head scratched, I’ve tried that. It’s like she’s saying “Look at...ME! Look...at...ME. The Queen is here, bow down to the queen.” Sometimes she’ll walk down to my feet and head butt them wanting to use them as a scratching post, but most of the time it’s just “mehhhh”.


Lola’s Diner c 2008-2018

1 comment:

Lin said...

I think the cats are trying to distract you all from the medical issues. I think they are doing an excellent job of it. :)

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©