Recent Posts

Saturday, September 15, 2018

Furnishing an apartment and other things

Finally reached the doctor about the headaches. He prescribed a steroid that come like a Z Pack. First day 6 pills spread out throughout the day, 2nd day 5 pills, and so on until the last day you take one. Did I mention this steroid is like speed? First day, the 6 pill day I finally fell asleep at 6:30am! And I had to get up at 9am to take the car in, A/C recharge. Worked for a couple days and then no more. 

Today was like driving in a sauna. Nothing like cargo shorts and a graphic tee stuck to leather. All the windows and the moon roof open, still my son and I are drenched in sweat. We went to pick up the Boho loveseat for my daughter’s apartment. Solid piece of furniture, obviously kept in a room seldomly used. As each day passes, my daughter informs us of more details. There are 2 openings. They do interviews. Which as I recall for the group home was the same deal. One of the ladies in the apartment was in the same group home as my daughter. They know each other well and get along well. To hear my daughter talk about it the first time it was like she had an “in” with the director. Fingers crossed because we have her living room and dining area furnished. Today we also picked up 2 blonde bi-level end tables that are a perfect match to the blonde circular table I got 2 weeks ago. Crazy they are a perfect match because the end tables came from Indiana. The guy had to cancel on me, we were to meet at a Starbucks in Orland Park. He felt bad about it and met me at the Speedway 4 miles from my house today. I have my old dining room set. So 2 rooms furnished!

Because of all the things happening today, and not being accustomed to having an afternoon medication, I missed it. I remembered because of the head banging headache I had after we started dinner. Took the pills, and a muscle relaxant a couple hours later, and filled an old fashioned ice pack with ice and went to snuggle with Netflix. Well not really, couldn’t find anything to watch.

Tomorrow will be taking photos of the end tables. I think there is a cigarette burn to be dealt with, so I’ll put the photos up on the refinishing and flipping pages and get advice on how to make the repairs.

Lola’s Diner c2001-2018

2 comments:

Lin said...

Sounds like you are fixing the place up well! It's amazing what you can get/give from/to others. I love "freecycle" for that.

Lolasdiner said...

Oh noooo! Don’t tempt me. I haven’t gone on Freecycle. I have gotten my freebies lately from the Free section on Bookoo.com. If I could get my spouse to give up her Mom’s microfiber loveseat, I’d take the Boho loveseat in a second. I’ve been trying to get her to get rid of it since I got the Lazy Boy recliner sofa before my surgery. She has an emotional attachment to it. Please don’t tell me I’m going to have to live with this microfiber nitghtmare forever!

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©