Recent Posts

Friday, November 30, 2018

Passed!

Good gravy! I hurt. I thought my spouse and I were going to split the driving to reset the computer codes on the car. Nope, she didn’t sleep last night. She wanted to split ALL the driving last night, I insisted we don’t. She didn’t realize how long it really takes to drive that far...in the city.

I don’t even remember how many times I went past the mall that the testing site is behind. I still had 30 miles to go and not a lot of time so I hopped on I55, got off at the next exit, got back on and exited where I started. Rinse and repeat. Lol! Then I went for the test. I beat the last day of the month, last hour before closing rush. Only 1 car ahead of me. I figured I had enough miles put on, I had topped of the tank with premium gas before I started. I sat in the booth, fingers and toes crossed and said a prayer. I was concerned because it seemed to take longer than the car ahead of me. I PASSED! Turns out the reason mine took longer, was because my PASS paperwork had to print. The guy ahead of me failed and had to pay for an extension in the office while I paid for my registration. 

I know what you’re thinking. Lola! Why do you wait til the day before to get the car fixed and then the last day to get the emissions test and pay the registration? Money. I had a car repair the month before (power steering pump) and a new battery for the Pilot. And the repairs yesterday. I had to make sure I made it to the end of the month, and had enough. Technically there is no registration late fee until 30 days after the plates expired. I’ve paid it the next month more times than before the expiration date. Yes, I risk getting pulled over and getting a ticket, but the last 2 times I was late I got pulled over and schmoozed my way out of them.  Not bragging, it took a lot to accomplish it.

Tomorrow my spouse is putting the sticker on. My son had to little old lady walk me from the car to the house. I barely made it up the stairs when I got home.

So I took a muscle relaxant and am icing my back. Pain meds will be around 10:30, in the hopes that they help me sleep more than 2 hours. (It worked yesterday!) Good thing I did go to the doctor yesterday. The PT staff told me I couldn’t use ice or heat because of my skin infection. Wrong! Doctor said as long as there is a cloth between the ice pack and my skin I can do ice or heat. And I found out I lost 9 pounds since my last visit. Yay me!

So I’m just going to chill and watch Christmas movies. I started watching them a couple days before Thanksgiving. Trying to up my mood. 

Lola’s Diner cc  2008 - 2018

No comments:

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©