Recent Posts

Monday, April 15, 2019

It’s been a good day

I heard from my attorney today about the car accident. Settlement time. All along he kept saying that there wasn’t anything left for me after paying medical bills and the firm. We were sure that meant I was really getting zero, or maybe a couple hundred. He pulled a rabbit out of a hat and negotiated down the medical bills. 

I plan on getting the Odyssey running (probably rebuilt transmission), and then immediately taking it to CarMax to get an offer and then shop around for a good used vehicle. Whatever I get, I will be buying an extended warranty. Boy howdy did I learn a lesson the hard way with the Odyssey. I will not be buying a mini van, done with that! Very doubtful I will buy a Honda. They are very hard to find used.

I’m seriously looking at the GMC Acadia, and Buick Enclave. I also looked at sedans, Cadillac, Lincoln, and Chrysler. I think SUV will win out, but that depends on how easy it is to get in/out of the vehicle with my bad back. A friend of my spouse’s who just had a similar wreck to mine on Friday had an “in” at a local Chevy dealer and they have a deal going. I’ll check it out, but I doubt I will go that route.

I guarantee a road trip is in our future. I can’t wait! Because of the issues (now all repaired) with the Pilot we were limited to local, short trips.

All I need is some good car shopping juju.

Lola’s Diner cc 2008-2019


No comments:

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©