Recent Posts

Monday, July 8, 2019

Funk...not funky

I’ve been in a funk since July 4th and it’s just been downhill since then. Still in my jammies, still in bed.

My daughter had to work the 4th, probably a good thing considering how things went every day until Sunday when she had to work again.

My daughter’s behavior is less than stellar. I think all this bad behavior comes from issues at her group home that are out of her control...bad, threatening behavior of a housemate, losing another counselor (no continuity of care), and threats from staff about daily room inspections. They have also threatened room inspections when my daughter isn’t home which is invasion of privacy. I get it. She feels like everything around her is out of her control, so she does what she can control...the bad behaviors on a home visit and the attention she gets even though it’s negative attention. 

My headaches have headaches. I am incredibly stressed out. Right now, even though my daughter went back to her group home and my spouse went to lunch with a friend, I am in tears.

It’s also bothering me that my sister won’t listen to reason. She’s now type 2 diabetic and her blood sugar is out of  control. She thinks just because she works 2 jobs she only has time for drive thru food. Atkins has frozen dinners, they are low carb. No time to pop one in the microwave oven? Her 2nd job is at a grocery store, she seriously can’t pick out Atkins frozen dinners? She had a doctor appointment Friday and never let me know how it went. She was expecting a medication change. I had to contact her. She has no insurance and will not spend money on prescriptions. She said the stuff I am on is too expensive. Most of what I take have manufacturer deals that bring the cost to as low as $5. So because she wants only cheap meds her doctor prescribed a medication that she should not take because she is allergic to sulfa. So her doctor has her on the lowest dose and she has to take part of the pill, continue to increase if no she has no allergic reaction. I just don’t get it. Why would you risk it?

Moving on, I’m still out of sorts because a trip to WI for the State Fair is not happening. Even if the road construction weren’t a huge issue, how will we all get along? On the one hand I think it could be a good thing, get everyone out of the environment where there is fighting. On the other...it’s a toss up. Not bring my daughter to WI? I would never hear the end of it from both kids. Maybe a trip would be a good thing, but if not the WI State Fair, then what?

Any suggestions for something like WI State Fair, but closer that would have close handicap parking, mostly blacktop even terrain, and scooters for rental? I checked, WI State Fair has all that. Will County Fair grounds in Peotone, and the fair in Sandwich are mostly uneven gravel and too dangerous for my spouse. A friend had Joan Jett tickets she was giving away free because of her upcoming surgery and recovery and my spouse declined because the terrain where the concert is at is hilly and uneven. She is fearful because her new knees are out of whack she could have a bad fall. 

I guess I better get dressed, show my face, and go pick up stuff that’s ready at the pharmacy. Oh what fun!

Lola’s Diner cc 2008-2019




2 comments:

Lin said...

Hang touch, pally. How frustrating to have all that chaos swirling around and you can't do anything to make it better.

I have been reading a blog for years about a woman who lives out in the country and raises animals and a garden for food. She has 4 kids and worked outside the home to make additional income. Her life was constant chaos. I just checked in on her...she posted YEARS later...and announced that she moved into a trailer in her driveway! Seriously. I guess her and the spouse are divorced??? or getting one??? But she got tired of doing everything for everyone, so she got herself a couple of kittens, sold the animals, quit the gardening and moved into her own private camper.

I'm gonna get you a camper.

Lolasdiner said...

That would be like a vacation in my driveway. 😆

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©