Recent Posts

Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Mixed Bag

Daughter’s extended home visit through this morning was good Wednesday-Saturday. Sunday things got tense. Monday morning...not good at all. It seems silly, but I have to get her Tuesday night so she can spend my birthday with us Wednesday. Then possibly back to her house Thursday, then back here Friday. It’s a lot of back and forth. If everyone could get along it could just be another extended home visit. If it goes south, she can’t stay the entire time. Besides, she should be going to day program and doing her chores at her house.

So the festivities start Wednesday with lunch. A short road trip on Route 66 to The Launching Pad in Wilmington, IL, home of the Gemini Giant. We’ve never been there, looks like fun. 

Friday my daughter will be at our village’s Proud American Days. Every year on the Friday of the event they close down for disabled/special needs people that are in area day programs. I think even the carnival rides are free. We can pick her up from there like we did last year, so not so much driving. Friday we will also have lunch or dinner at a sushi place we all enjoy. That’s as far as I know about the birthday festivities, other than going for my birthday freebies...Starbucks, Culver’s...I’ve got a list of at least a dozen birthday freebies. I won’t use them all, I never do. 

I also got the bubble wands for the family...and...I got a butterfly kite at Jewel! It was half price. I didn’t need another trip to Walmart. Yay!!!

I’ve recently participated in a couple of Blog Memes, which I enjoyed very much in the past. “Sunday Stealing” is my favorite. I’ve been looking for others to fill out the week, but an awful lot of them are dead links or people haven’t blogged in years. I’m probably bringing back “Turn Back Time Thursdays”.

Insomnia is kickin’ my butt. Sunday I didn’t fall asleep until past 5am. I did avoid day napping, so hopefully I can get back on track.

Still can’t find a buyer for the Odyssey, as is, needing the transmission rebuilt. Don’t have the $800+towing to have the work done by our mechanic. With the transmission repaired I’d be able to sell it for double my original asking price. That would definitely get me out of a sticky situation. 

Lola’s Diner cc.  2008-2019


No comments:

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©