Recent Posts

Sunday, July 14, 2019

Sunday Stealing

Sad sleepy survey rambles

Hi! I'm your host Bev Sykes of the blog "Funny the World". . Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. (Past hosts include: Our first - Judd Corizan, Mr. L, Kwizgiver and
Bud)  Cheers to all of us thieves!


Questions from Sad Sleepy Survey Rambles

Have you ever been teased because of the things you like? Yes. When I was young I liked Donny Osmond. Apparently Donny wasn’t cool.

Do you hold grudges? Not in a very, very, very long time. It’s just such heavy negativity and not productive. I have way too many more important things to concern myself with.

Were there any classes you enjoyed because of the teacher? Social Studies. Not because the teacher was interesting, or good. The exact opposite. He was dull and boring and didn’t really pay attention to the shenanigans of a certain couple of class clowns. That would be Lola and Carl. We sat in the back and cut up the entire period. Eventually the teacher busted Carl. It was hilarious, just Carl! I was cutting it up as much, if not more than Carl. 

Was there a dress code at your school? No.

Have you ever been a bad friend? No. 

Has a friend ever replaced you with somebody else? All the time.

Have you ever disliked something just because it was popular? Yes. The first Star Wars movie. I just knew I wouldn’t like it because it was popular, and I was right.

Have you ever watched a movie just because it starred an actor you liked? Often.

Are there actors/musicians you have met? Yes. A lesbian folk artist. She makes a point to greet members of the audience after the show, sign autographs, and give out hugs. For awhile she toured very frequently in Chicago and I went to every show and bookstore performance.

Do you ever judge people based on the music they listen to? Not so much anymore. I think the music of the 70’s-90’s was so different it was easier to form stereotypes.

What about your top five music albums? Queen-can’t remember which album, I copied it onto an 
8-track tape and sketched the album cover; Fleetwood Mac Rumours; Pink Floyd’s Dark Side of the Moon; Head East Live; Billie Holiday The Best of Billie Holiday.

Do you remember the first album you ever owned? Fleetwood Mac Rumours record album. Elton John Rock of the Westies cassette.

Do you still use an mp3 player, or just your phone? Phone.

Do you like Elton John? Yes, always. My first cassette was Elton John’s Rock of the Westies.

Have any celebrity deaths hit you hard? Which one(s)? Robin Williams. Phil Hartman. He was so funny and his career seemed so promising. 

Lola’s Diner cc. 2008-2019



7 comments:

Stacy said...

I thought Donny Osmond was cool. I guess that means I wasn't. Ha!

Plastic Mancunian said...

I love Pink Floyd. Dark Side of the Moon is great - but Animals is better in my opinion.

:o)

Cheers

PM

Lori said...

Loved your music choices. I almost always love all music. Loved your answers! Have a nice Sunday!

https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

Bev Sykes said...

Our kids loved the Osmonds. We watched them every week...they grew out of them, though.

Bev Sykes said...

(Glad to see you participating in Sunday Stealing!)

CountryDew said...

I remember watching The Osmonds as a cartoon. Wasn't it a cartoon? I liked Donnie Osmond, too.

Lolasdiner said...

So glad to see Sunday Stealing is back. I loved participating back when I found it years ago.

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©