Recent Posts

Sunday, October 13, 2019

Sunday Stealing-From Tuesday 4...a bunch of questions

From Tuesday 4.. a Bunch of Questions.

Sunday stealing was stolen from Toni this week!  Thieves are getting close to home now!

These are several questions stolen from the Tuesday 4 meme


1.   Have you ever known anyone that’s been on TV, including you?
No.

2.   What do you find yourself buying all the time?
Groceries. We cook from scratch and rarely eat out.

3.   When was the last time you got a real letter in the mail?
A real letter? I think it’s been years.

4.   Have you ever lived in a house/apartment that has been broken into?
When I lived in an apartment near Wrigley someone stole my very expensive mountain bike from the basement. I had a cable lock and a Kryptonite U-Lock and was using them. I guess they were determined and had the tools needed to cut the cable and defeat the U-Lock. 😢

5. Did you walk to school with your friends?
Take a school bus?
I walked to school grade school. It was around the corner from my house. Junior and Senior high school I rode the school bus until I got a used car at 17 and drove to school and my part time job after school.

Ever have someone carry your 
books home from school?
No. In grade school I wanted to make friends with a girl in my neighborhood. I helped carry all of her books home in the pouring rain one day. She never did become my friend.

6. Do you like pumpkin seeds? Do you carve the pumpkin and roast the seeds? Do you buy packaged, prepared pumpkin seeds?
I love pumpkin seeds. So do my kids. I buy the packaged ones at the store and carve pumpkins and roast the seeds when we buy pumpkins.

7. Does your car or did a family car have a name?
My family didn’t name their cars. I had a ‘91 Ford Explorer that I named Rudolph. It was metallic red.

8.  The first week of October was National Mystery Series Week. Do you sleuth alongside Nancy Drew or Miss Marple? Fan of Nero Wolfe?
I occasionally read mysteries. I prefer memoirs and biographies. I do enjoy the Patricia Cornwell books. 

9. Have you ever spent ages writing something on your computer when it suddenly crashed and you lost it all?
Yes. It’s very frustrating. I get caught up so much in what I’m writing that I forget to take the time to periodically save the document.



10. Are you one of those people who can sleep through anything?
No.

11. What type or kind of art do you like? And do you draw or paint yourself
I took an art class at De Paul and studied Impressionism. I used to draw and was quite good. I had a drawing place at the 4H Fair and had it displayed at the WI State Fair Grandstand. I tried to get back into drawing recently. I planned on making a gift of it. I don’t think I was being overly ambitious, I was short on time and it had been so many years that I just couldn’t get into it. I attempted to paint a landscape in Art in high school. I had no idea what I was doing and it showed! Lol! I would really like to get back to drawing and try painting again.

12. If you went to London, where would you go first?
Soho. It’s often considered the center of the cities LGBT community. It would be nice to check out the nightlife. That’s one thing I miss about moving out of Chicago 14 years ago. 

13.  What is one quote that you love to quote?
“You can’t always get what you want. But if you try sometime you find you get what you need.”
The Rolling Stones
Whenever my kids complain about something I sing this. I still do it! Sometimes just the first sentence. Oh the groans and the eye rolls!

14.  Do you ever at times see the world in black and white?
Not really. Too many gray areas. 

15. Do you believe there is life somewhere else in the universe?
I’m sure there is life somewhere else in the universe, but that doesn’t mean it’s similar to human life. It could be microorganisms, bacteria, insects, some form of animal. 

Lola’s Diner  cc.  2008-2019

4 comments:

Lori said...

Rudolph is a cute name for a car! Loved your answers! Have a nice day!

https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

勝美 said...

I do not have children but when I do and they become disappointed with something, I am going to shout "SHATTERED!" from the Stone's song 「Shattered」.

Not really. But I might think it.

Stacy said...

That's really great that you had your artwork displayed at the state fair!
I love what you sing to your kids. I'd have totally done that if I had thought of it. lol

zippiknits...sometimes said...

It makes perfect sense to have called your car Rudolph. ;o)I come from a long line of "car naming folk".

Like you, I think there is life somewhere else in the vastness of space. But I think they will look like us but not have all our bad habits. They probably have their shields up all the time, too so that we can not see them!

Get back soon to drawing and painting. Don't leave it too late. The world needs all it's artists.

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©