Recent Posts

Sunday, November 24, 2019

This and THAT

Bubba is doing great. Eating a can of wet food split into 2 servings, morning and night. And she’s been snacking on the dry food. She jumps on the bed on her own and she’s been putting on weight. Since I’ve mostly been the one to feed her she’s practically attached to my hip. At night she sleeps ON me. My cats don’t even do that! I think my spouse is a little jealous, but Maddux has been hanging out with her, so she’s still getting some kitty love.

Friday my son went over to Anastasia’s house for a movie, while the rest of us went to dinner and picked him up on the way back home. Anastasia wanted to talk about her back issues, basically compare notes, so I hung back and chatted with her. BIG mistake! I am still incredibly angry over 2 things she somehow brought up in conversation. She said, ‘The kids haven’t changed a bit. They are the same as when they first became ill.’ That was like a kick in the gut. It was like she was insinuating it was my fault. They have changed a lot. My daughter is able to work part time, she has a boyfriend. Many people with mental illnesses don’t improve much, and they rarely, if ever return to even close to what they were like before their break. Some are incredibly fortunate and get well enough to stop medications and live close to a normal life. But for her to say that...it was soul crushing. Especially with her follow-up. ‘What if something happens to you, who will take care of the kids?’ Not her business. I changed the subject at that point. I told my spouse that will be the last time I have a one on one conversation with Anastasia. She has never treated me right since we split (which was her doing) and is always putting me down or making fun of me. It’s bad enough I have no friends, then to have someone who was my partner continuing to treat me this way? I don’t need this. She was there 12 years ago when my daughter became ill, she knows exactly how bad it was. Enough is enough.

My biopsy results are in. I don’t know what they are, but I would like to thank the medical website for notifying me I had new test results. Then I log in and see the details of the cyst removal, but no results. So I have to wait until Monday.

I have instituted a no Black Friday ad viewing rule. I’m not looking at any ads, I just don’t want to know unless it’s a major appliance store for a washer and a dryer. And even then I’m still window shopping. I used to line up for the Black Friday sales at Target and hit up Kohl’s and Walmart after. It’s not something I can physically do anymore. I may do some Cyber Monday shopping. I do need to replace a lot of clothes that were ruined in the flood. Lately I’ve gotten good deals at Meijer on clothes, so I can’t think of anything I’d be interested in for Cyber Monday.

So I don’t overwhelm myself for Thanksgiving I made myself a schedule of what to prep and cook starting Tuesday. Mariano’s had Butterball frozen turkey $0.77/lb with $25 purchase. Because they had only small frozen turkeys left they were substituting fresh for the same price. I got there early and shopped while my daughter finished her shift.

Lola’s Diner cc. 2008-2019

1 comment:

Lin said...

I think those medical websites do not release test results without your doctor sending an approval to do so. Funny how my results weren't accessible until after the dr. spoke to me. So much for freedom of medical information.

Glad the kitty is doing better!

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©