Recent Posts

Monday, February 3, 2020

This and that

For whatever reason my back and shoulder pain has gotten much worse. There has been no change in what I do, no increase in activity level. Maybe it’s the weather? I’ve just felt awful. 

I was at the doctor today. I thought for sure I’d gained at least 10 pounds and that my A1c had increased. Surprise! I lost 5 pounds and my A1c went down 0.2. I need to get back on the low carb wagon. Doctor also gave me a list of fruits and veggies that increase inflammation. ☹️ So many really good veggies that I need to remove from my diet. He did increase my carb allowance per day. Yay! He also increased my pain meds. So that means I have to play the game the state requires pharmacies to play. I couldn’t get them today and they will probably be rationed out. That means more pharmacy runs. My spouse typically doesn’t go out much, therefore I’m the one that has to do the pharmacy runs. This rationing is really frustrating.

I’m completely exhausted. I’m sure poor sleep caused by my shoulder pain is the cause. I’ve been wearing oversized shirts and hoodies to help me dress myself, but it’s getting more painful and difficult.

The crime has increased in mine and surrounding burbs. Thursday some youths stole an Infinity QX56 in OP and went on a crime spree that left 2 people dead. They did catch them after a chase from Dolton to Thornton. That’s a long ride. My father-in-law lives in Thornton. Thank goodness they were caught. If that were my car I don’t think I’d want it back. Would you? In separate incident over the weekend, a senior man was hit over the head while attempting to use his garage keypad to close the garage. He was knocked unconscious and robbed. Did they really need to hurt him? I’m sure he would have given up his wallet had they only threatened him.

My daughter’s boyfriend is in the hospital with pneumonia. Please pray for him.

Lola’s Diner  cc.  2008-2020

3 comments:

Lin said...

I wonder if it is the weather? I've noticed that my wrist has been hurting more than usual lately. Maybe the shift in cold/balmy weather??? Hope you feel better soon.

WTH??! I did not hear about the stolen car. And yes, the crime has really escalated and the scary part is that it is becoming more and more violent. What is it going to take to change this???

Lolasdiner said...

It seems worse than when I lived in Chicago. Back then there was no social media to share information. No Facebook, no NextDoor app, no Ring security cameras back then to find out the truth about the crime in the area.
They steal several cars a week, dump them in Chicago or Indiana. They use stolen cars to commit more crimes. Gas stations were held up so many times our illustrious mayor told the gas stations to install bulletproof glass doors and windows, and locks on their doors and lock them after a certain hour and buzz people in. How about just hire more police and catch them? I was talking with my spouse and we came up with an idea that would work, but wouldn’t be implemented because different villages and cities don’t want other ones to know their business. Hospitals have a nursing pool. When a nurse is needed at a different hospital and a nurse isn’t working her main job (or maybe the nurse only works the pool), they take a shift at a different hospital. Same could be done with police. Officers are always looking to work security jobs to make extra money, why not work a shift in a different community? The pools would likely need to be for each county, no working shifts in a different county due to different laws. And where I live the mayor could stop spending a crap ton of money on Christmas decorations in The Commons so he can say we have the biggest Christmas display in the state, with the largest Santa. (Oh but those were paid for with donations. How about using donations to pay for more police?) Its bad. We’ve talked about moving out of state, but with the kids needing special services, and my father-in-law’s declining health, there are just too many variables.

Lolasdiner said...

This was an exclusive upscale community when I first moved here. It was really difficult to find a home in my price range. The schools were 2nd in the state and it was truly a blessing to move here with the kids becoming ill. They had the staff and protocols to handle kids with mental illness. I doubt I would be saying that about where we lived in Chicago. The kids had IEP’s in Chicago that were a nightmare. In kindergarten telling me my son would never be able to do anything, not even finish high school. He probably wouldn’t have in that environment. He got the extra support he needed to complete high school and graduate.

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©