Recent Posts

Saturday, April 25, 2020

Day 34 of Sheltering In

Friday.

I did a porch drop at my daughter’s group home. I forgot her prescription so I’ll have to run it over there on Sunday. She also failed to tell me to get her cheese. She had me get all the ingredients she needs to make pita pizzas. We’ve made these since the kids were little. No messy dough, and the crust comes out perfect. Levash bread, or Lebanese bread both work well for a thin cracker like crust...if you can find it. We used to live off Devon Ave in Chicago and could easily find both at the little grocers there. If you like super thin crust like Mod Pizza, just use a thin flour tortilla.

Picking up Chinese food for lunch was a fail. They were closed, even though they were supposed to be open for curbside pickup. So I had to pick up Mexican food. Never again at the place we ordered from. $18 for 2 large guacamole? Rip-off! Then they dumped one of them in the bag. I went back and returned it, then drove to the location where we order from near my house. Same price, $9 for one, but it was much larger. I’m still craving Chinese food. Maybe Sunday I can pull together some of my go to Chinese take-out recipes.

Anywho, pizza making tips completed. Both kids had meltdowns Friday night. My son because he misses his sister. They were always very close, so this is hard. My daughter’s boyfriend has a serious medical condition. Not exactly clear on what that is because he may not be able to describe it. We know he had bloodwork Friday that needs to be done again on Saturday because his kidney tests were very bad. 🙏🏻 It’s not serious, or it was a testing error. I consulted Dr Google and what I found was concerning.

I need to figure out how to do Zoom. Maybe we can play a game or something over Zoom. 

Contemplating a very early trip to the laundromat on Sunday. Gah!

Lola’s Diner cc.  2008-2020

No comments:

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©