Recent Posts

Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Day 96 of Sheltering In

Wednesday. I had PT at the same time my daughter was talking to the Asst Director about work and the lockdown, so I had my daughter conference call my wife in so we got an accurate description of what was said. Lockdown is continued until 07/31/20. Yes! It’s not that I don’t want my daughter to come on home visits, it’s just not safe for baggers at her job now. They have plexiglass booths for each cashier, but absolutely no protection for baggers. My daughter has 3 underlying conditions, one being asthma, and she needs to continue sheltering in place. Staff is now taking them to the park to walk (masks and social distancing) and having pizza parties and picking up take-out for all the clients, so it’s not so prison-like. If we want to visit, weather permitting, I can call ahead to arrange it and wear masks and social distance on the patio. Still can’t hug, but we can hang out for awhile. Prior to this I could only porch drop and go. We also got concrete answers on something my daughter was starting to ruminate on. Her place in line for the apartments is safe whether she is working or not when the time comes that the apartment complex build is finished and ready for occupancy. The Asst Director said they have clients now in other apartment complexes that have lost their jobs or are in between jobs. They handle finances differently in those situations and it is not a problem. Phew!

Thursday is paperwork day for my daughter. Friday is probably haircut day. My wife has agreed to let me cut her hair! Yup. Pray for me. Just kidding. She wants a different cut, in fact shorter than mine. I told her we’ll start with the scissors, then the largest spacer on the Flowbee, then the next size down and continue until she is happy with the length. If she still wants the sides cut with the electric clippers, we’ll start with the highest numbered guard and stop when it’s Goldilocks (just right, lol).

Lola’s Diner cc.  2008-2020

No comments:

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©