Recent Posts

Saturday, August 22, 2020

Sunday Stealing-What’s to Eat?

Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. (Past hosts include: Our first - Judd Corizan, Mr. L, Kwizgiver and Bud) Cheers to all of us thieves!  








Stolen from Mantelligence

1. How old is the oldest expired thing in your refrigerator?

I have no idea.

2. What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever done on a date?
Hurried home so I could go out on a second date with someone else, then hurried home so I could go on a third date with someone else. Not kidding. I didn’t have much time for myself when my kids were young, so when their dad took them for the weekend I crammed in a lot of living those 2 days. It also helped me quickly weed out the crazies. And there were crazies! I once met a woman at a coffee shop. After the coffee and her chat were done I went to make my exit. The woman said ‘you don’t want to go on another date with me, do you?’ Then she burst into tears. She talked about her ex the entire time. I couldn’t get a word in. Sooo many other crazies

3. What animal most closely resembles your eating style?

I don’t know that I have an eating style.

4. Have you ever sent someone a text you didn’t mean to?

Yes. I don’t recall anything particularly embarrassing. Just awkward.

5. If you could learn any language fluently, which would it be?
Spanish and American Sign Language.

6. Would you rather be bald or covered head to toe with hair?
Bald. I keep my hair quite short, so bald would be no big deal. When I had radiation treatment I was convinced I was going to lose my hair and got a super short cut. I told myself if it started to fall out I was just going to shave it all off the minute I noticed my hair was falling out.

7. Do you think you’re brave?
I’m sure other people might think I am. I’ve gone through a lot.

8. What horror fiction character scares you the most?
I used to watch horror movies in my late teens, early twenties. “Nightmare on Elm Street”, “Halloween”. I haven’t watched them since. I don’t care for that genre. I don’t like “Chuckie”. Too creepy. Surprisingly I did watch “Santa Clarita Diet”, but I think Drew Barrymore helped get me through that.

9. What food do you crave more than any other?
Chocolate. Since the pandemic...carbs. Any kind of carbs. 

10. Which holiday would you erase from the calendars, if you could?
I dunno. I kind of like them all. They were a nice break when I was working.

11. What’s the most clever word you know?
I can’t think of one right now. I’ll come back and edit this if I come up with one, because I’m sure I know at least one.

12. Do you have a secret hunch about how you will die?
Pass. 

13. What do you collect that nobody knows about?
I can’t think of anything. When my daughter was little I collected small bear figurines. 

14. Have you ever eaten only candy for dinner?
I probably have. Probably when I first moved to Chicago, in my own apartment for the first time, I’m sure I’ve done it. Can’t get away with that now. My son eats all the candy.

15. Have you ever taken anything illegally across a border?
Not that I am aware of.

16. Have you ever blown your nose in anything other than a tissue?
A fast food napkin, or an actual handkerchief. Remember those? My Mom used to iron my Dad’s handkerchiefs.

17. Are you a good time manager?
Not lately. The day just gets away from me and next thing I know it’s 4pm, or 5 pm.

18. Has life been hard on you?
More than I care to say.

19. What is the absolute worst song in the world?
You had to ask...


20. What is your culinary specialty?
My specialty is cooking restaurant food at home. Dishes I’ve eaten at a variety of restaurants. Indian, Mexican, Italian, Greek, Puerto Rican, and more. This week I made Italian...Baked Eggplant Parmesan Lasagna, and Indian...Chicken Tikka Masala and Aloo Gobi. Last month I made Chinese...Shrimp Egg Foo Young, Crab Rangoon, Kung Pao Chicken. I haven’t made Char Siu Pork in awhile, so I think that will be coming up. I also make sushi rolls (nothing raw...smoked salmon or smoked whitefish, and a variety of maki’s and veggie rolls.) If we have a taste for something we normally would dine out for, I find a recipe on Pinterest and make it at home. It used to be to save money, but since the pandemic it’s so we have a variety of meals because we can’t eat out.

Lola’s Diner cc   2008-2020

 

4 comments:

Stacy said...

Oh my, ironing was my job when I was in jr. high and it used to irritate me to no end that I had to iron my dad's handkerchiefs. I mean really, you're just going to blow snot into it! LOL

Plastic Mancunian said...

That song is aboultely dreadful. Never heard it before, and now I never will again.

:o)

Cheers

PM

Bev Sykes said...

My mother loved to iron and ironed EVERYTHING, even towels. She never let me iron anything because I wasn't good at it (so I hate ironing)

We both had multi dates on the same day, though I only had two.

CountryDew said...

My husband still carries a handkerchief. But I don't iron them.

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©