Recent Posts

Friday, October 30, 2020

Days 220-223 of Sheltering In

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday. Monday I’m at the grocery store with my wife (she never goes, but I told her it would be like a date...the closest thing we’ve had to a date in awhile), my phone rings. It’s the new Director at the group home agency, calling to tell me he’s stepping down and taking a different position. Why the need to call all the parents? No one called last week when they announced his promotion to Director. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Since I had him on the phone...I ran through a bunch of questions. First, the Halloween parties. He told me they were canceled. (They were NOT, my daughter’s boyfriend won for best costume.) I asked about the apartments, do they have an anticipated opening date? No. Since he was moving out of the Director position, after being Asst Director, I asked if the incoming Director and Asst Director were aware that my daughter was promised one of the new apartments. The reply was yes. Looks like we may be moving her in January with the way it’s been delayed by the building dept and Covid-19. 

Tuesday, Wednesday. Wednesday my brother-in-law came over. He said last week he was done mowing for the year, yet he mowed the front lawn. I spent hours researching tire prices for the Buick. Wowser! Prices have gone up since 2018 for tires. No decision made, just researching online.

Thursday my brother-in-law was over again. This time to supervise my son on a project. He didn’t do, so I had to do it and made too many trips on the stairs which aggravated my sciatica. Fabulous! Then he took me to Lowe’s so I could buy a board and have it cut for the twin bed for when my daughter visits. I had my wife measure the wood on my son’s bed. (Not doing that again. How could she come up with L 63”, when a twin mattress is L 75”?) When I had the wood cut I had them cut another piece to extend the wood to 75”. I guess if 75” is correct, I’ll have to get creative with Duck Tape and maybe some hardware to attach the 2 pieces. When I went to checkout the wood scanned the wrong price. I took a photo of the price because this had happened to me before there. I had to throw a fit at the checkout and my brother-in-law kept telling the cashier to get a manager. Manager flew by, told her to adjust the price, and off he went. It shouldn’t take 2 hours in Lowe’s to get a sheet of plywood, get it cut and checkout, but it did. The wood has joined the washer and dryer in the garage because my son is nowhere near done with his project. Sunday my brother-in-law was supposed to come over with a friend to remove the old appliances. Now that’s not happening because “someone” didn’t do the prep that needs to be done first. (Don’t ask.) I’m not a happy camper. I’m going to have to go to the laundromat next week. We have been doing laundry at my father-in-law’s every Saturday. His wife’s washer and dryer are not the same capacity (not even close), so it takes forever to dry the clothes. I have winter bedding to wash, so that can’t be done there. One blanket would have to be washed separately and would take half the day to dry. So...trip to the laundromat next week. It’s going to have to be Monday. Tuesday I see the orthopedic doctor and find out if she’ll authorize more PT for my R shoulder and R knee. I bet they cancel. They’ve been canceling quite a few of my appointments. Hopefully I’m wrong.

Lola’s Diner cc.  2008-2020

No comments:

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©