Recent Posts

Saturday, October 17, 2020

Sunday Stealing-Peachristy

Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. (Past hosts include: Our first - Judd Corizan, Mr. L, Kwizgiver and Bud) Cheers to all of us thieves!

 

 

Stolen from Peachristy

1. What kinds of things do you like to write?
Journals, blogs. I wish I could write my own poetry. My son is a very prolific poetry writer, but I’m the only person who has the patience to “decode” his writing. If I spend the time to really look at what he’s written I can edit it, and it’s beautiful. I always ask my son to review my edits to insure I got it right.

2. What is your favorite genre of movie?
Romantic Comedy. 

3. Your favorite song?
I don’t know that I have a favorite, there are so many I like. Bohemian Rhapsody is one of many favorites. It’s my son’s favorite and I get a kick out of getting him to join me in our version of carpool karaoke.

4. During what situation do your eyes shine the brightest?
Probably seeing my kids happy.

5. Summer or Winter?
Winter. I don’t like the heat.

6. What do you do when you are angry?
Stew. And grumble. Like I am right now.

7, Sleep with lights on or off?
Either. I prefer the lights off to keep the electric bill down, but I have difficulty falling asleep. If I manage to fall asleep with the lights on, I just turn them off when I get up for the bathroom.

8. Are you ok with eating alone in a restaurant?
I am. Of course not now during the pandemic. I don’t think I’ll feel comfortable dining inside at a restaurant for quite some time. When I was single, before kids, I dined out by myself all the time. I moved to Chicago not knowing anyone, so it was either dine out or get carry out, and staying in a 1 bedroom apartment all the time wouldn’t be a good thing.

9. Texting or calling?
Depends on who I’m contacting.

10. What’s your favorite thing about yourself?
My sense of humor.

11. How do you act when you’re scared?
Anxious. Heart beating in my ears.

12. When you look at the sky do you first look at the moon, or the stars?
Whichever I notice first. Where I live it’s quite easy to see the stars at night.

13. Do you approach strangers when you are lost?
No. Just because I recall my first job working at a gas station in the late ‘70’s, early ‘80’s. I inadvertently gave wrong directions and it wouldn’t occur to me until the person had driven off. I never purposely did it. I’d rather rely on my Navi in my Buick, or look it up in my phone. 

14. Tea or Coffee?
Coffee. Folger’s 1850. One of the light roasts. Only the 1850, not regular Folger’s. I started drinking coffee at 22 years old when my Mom passed away suddenly. I didn’t sleep for days and I had quite a bit of coffee that week. I just took up drinking coffee regularly after that. My Mom always said ‘coffee is for grownups’, so I figured since my Mom passed away I needed to be a grownup.

15. With sugar? Milk? Lemon? Anything else?
Black, unless I’m away from home and the coffee is too strong, then 1/2 and 1/2.

Lola’s Diner cc   2008-2020

 

5 comments:

Susan said...

I drink Folgers too, the Decaf Smooth. Yes heart beating hard like when I had to go to urgent care and the thought of being around a lot of sick people was a bit to much.

Lori said...

I love how you write about your son. My son loves to write also. I love it. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

songbird's crazy world said...

I really love Bohemian Rhapsody. Great song choice.

CountryDew said...

Bohemian Rhapsody is a great song. I have had three cups of coffee in my entire life. Once, when I was about 13 and my parents offered it to me to try (blech), the second when I was interviewing a hobo for a news story and he insisted on buying me a cup of coffee, and then again when I was doing a news story on a coffee shop . . . and 3 days later had a gallbladder attack and surgery. I don't think I will ever drink coffee again.

Bev Sykes said...

We both like our sense of humor.

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©