Recent Posts

Sunday, April 16, 2023

Randomness

I have been trapped in my house for over a month and I HATE IT! There is no public transportation here. At all! I need to go to the laundromat! The Blazer has been waiting for a repair appointment 04/20. A brake line is cracked and leaking and a gas line is cracked and leaking. It’s a 2000. Just normal wear and tear at that age. My wife has been driving my Buick multiple, numerous times back and forth to just this side of the IN border to take her Dad and brother to the divorce attorney and Zoom court appointments at his office in Chicago, as well as to all her Dad’s numerous doctor appointments. This leaves me with nothing safe to drive. I have doctor appointments to make and I can’t make them until my wife has the Blazer repaired. (Why are we waiting over a month for a repair appointment? Because he is our go-to mechanic, he loves us because we give him tons of referrals, his prices are reasonable, and we usually get discounts.)

The shit has really hit the fan with my father-in-law. He’s in the process of divorcing his horrible wife.
He was a passenger in a serious accident with my brother-in-law driving his clown car. Yeah, I can call it that, it’s a Chevy Trax…CLOWN CAR! I can also say this because the car that t-boned them was a Buick Enclave. Damage to the Buick? A little piece of the grill broke off. That’s it! Thank you God! So glad I bought a Buick Enclave! This confirms I made a safe choice. The clown car spun several times and popped up on the median. It was totaled. I’m tired of listening to my brother-in-law’s insistence that he will buy another Trax. When he talks about his totaled Trax it’s like it’s he’s talking about the death of his best friend. Maybe I’m the only one with this opinion, but if I’m in a car accident and sustained serious injuries, I’m going to rethink my next car purchase and get something bigger and safer. Maybe it’s just me?

My father-in-law was hospitalized for nearly a month because he had 7 broken ribs and a lacerated liver. He’s 79 years old, he’s not going to recover quickly.

Now on to the divorce. My father-in-law’s divorce can’t be soon enough from his soon to be Ex-wife/psycho. She is constantly antagonizing him. She comes home from work, in through the back door screaming, then slamming kitchen cabinets for 45 minutes. Who does that? She stands over him screaming for him to get out. (Until the order of protection, he could have stayed in the house until the divorce was final.) I stopped going there because she started yelling at me “Lola! Why don’t you like me?” with a fake southern drawl. (I can imitate it perfectly. It cracks up my wife.) I left out the back door, not answering her (because I don’t have to), and went as fast as I could to my car, got in, locked the doors. She chased me!!! Then proceeded to repeatedly scream at me “Why don’t you like me?”. 

On Christmas Day she made a big deal out of making sure my brother-in-law was upstairs for the gift opening. She gave him an envelope with an eviction notice (not a legal one, some relative typed it up and it wasn’t filed with the court). But all her relatives there for Christmas dinner saw what happened and laughed at him.

She also later served him with 2 not quite legal eviction notices. Not quite legal because she served him with 30 day notices. Not quite legal because in Cook County an eviction notice can’t be for less than 60 days (rollover from Covid that hasn’t changed or expired). She therefore violated his rights twice, 3 times if you count the fake eviction notice.

Her next trick was filing an order of protection against my father-in-law. If anyone should have done that it should have been my father-in-law for elder abuse. He lost in court Wednesday and had to leave the house that same day. My wife had to find him a cheap weekly rate hotel. (Severe cat allergies, can’t live with us and no other siblings would step up.) The hotel is near us, so once the moving into storage finishes today we will no longer have to drive to almost the IN border to the psycho’s house. My wife is going to try to get him into a senior living place for low income. This is not a quick process. Please pray for him. 🙏🏻 

The eviction is moot now, because my brother-in-law is required to leave today per the judge from his Dad’s order of protection. Still, he must go to court to have it withdrawn, because if he does nothing, the eviction will be approved in his absence. He will then have an eviction notice on a background check. It will affect his ability to get a job, get an apartment, and it will wreck his credit. How do I know all this? I went down the Google rabbit hole Wednesday after my wife told me about her Dad’s court loss..

I want my Buick back and I just want to DRIVE!

I’ve experienced not having a car for over a year. I wasn’t irritable and distraught like I am now because back then I lived in Chicago and could walk out of my house at the time, walk to the corner and catch a bus. There is no public transportation here. 😭

Lola’s Diner © 2008-2023

1 comment:

songbird's crazy world said...

Oh, you’ve really got your hands full

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©