Recent Posts

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Grocery Shopping Crazies

Why do all the crazies come out to shop for their entire Thanksgiving meal the Tuesday before the holiday?

I had less than 10 items on my list. I knew exactly where everything was, except for the Durkee Fried Onions. There were people standing in the spice aisle like a deer in headlights. I have no idea what spice they were looking for...maybe they didn't either, but there were about 6 people blocking the spice aisle just standing there looking up all all duh-like. Maybe they were looking for help from above?

I saw people with large frozen turkeys. Just how do they think they're going to manage to defrost those suckers this late in the game?

One woman was in a daze in the dairy section blocking the entire selection of creamer products. Finally she got a clue and asked if she needed me to move. I said 'yes please, I need half and half'. She moved her cart directly in front of the half and half, so I had to repeat myself. Finally she moved.

Heaven help anyone who has to pick up a few things at the grocery store on Wednesday. I'm sure it's going to be much worse. The hard core procrastinators will be shopping.

Lola's Diner
©2008-2009

10 comments:

Storm, The Psychotic Housewife said...

That is the beauty of buying it all a week in advance - you avoid the aisle hoggers and the crazy people! LOL

Diane said...

i'd rather starve than go to the grocery store tomorrow! actually, i hate grocery shopping period!

Helene said...

I went Monday-probably the same crazies before they hit your store.

Blessed Thanksgiving to you all...

Gianetta said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Thanks for visiting my blog!

StaceyC4 said...

My son works in a grocery store and he came home last night looking as if he had been through a war zone!

A.Marie said...

Hi there! I'm loving the comment about the lady standing there in a daze...that was me on Monday looking for the pumpkin! HA!

Now I just re-read your post and I am laughing about the spice people..."Help from Above..." LOL

Will you stop being so funny?? I am snorting my coffee all over the keyboard!!!! :) :)

Lin said...

I knew it was bad at the stores when my mom started complaining about "the old people" who would not move. It sounded like she wasn't gonna have a Granny Fight with someone!

Auntie E said...

Here it is thursday, My shoppings done and I am starting to cook. About those frozen turkeys, they can cook them frozen ,it only takes about 8-10 hours,lol. Now they can defrost them in the microwave.. However I have not had luck with that. The water bath..hours....They would of been better just to order a pre-baked one at that later of the stage.
Made my stuffing yesterday..It always taste better the second day, I'll just heat it up. that's what my mom did. happy thanksgiving to you.

Anonymous said...

For the life of me I can't understand why people wait til the last minute to get stuff. I only had to pick up fruit and I did around 8:30 in the morning before the crowd came in. It was the quiet before the storm.

kwekblogger said...

Good thing I always do my grocery list a week before thanks giving. BTW those people in the spice area don't really know what they are looking at.

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©