Recent Posts

Sunday, May 2, 2010

No longer a young party animal...

OMG! I am no longer a young party animal. I confess...I am an old fart!

This whole weekend has been a weekend of opposites to my norm. My gf came out late Friday night, as she was unexpectedly without kids. Saturday morning when Anastasia came with her new partner to pick up the kids for a fun day, they spent more than a half hour trying to fix the kid's basketball hoop. While this was going on...I boldly walked up to her new partner, held out my hand and introduced myself.

Saturday night my gf and I went with our group to the nightclub. They had live band karaoke. What a fun time! No, I didn't get up on stage, but just about everyone else at our table did. Some of the people from the crowd were actually quite talented singers. Others...well, they were clunkers, but it was still fun to watch. (Nothing like a train wreck. lol!) I had more than a couple adult beverages and was very grateful for sunglasses and heated car seats this morning. (Oh my aching back!) I can't even remember when I've had this much fun, or stayed out so late. I remember back in the day, Saturday nights like this were the norm. In fact...Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday nights like this Saturday were the norm. Yes..I'm officially an old fart. There...I've said it.

I am not so grateful for Drummer Boy/aka Metallica-head. For the last 2 hours he has been wreaking havoc on an electric guitar. He has not even played part of a single song. It's just crap! (Oh wait...I recognize Judas Priest...but he only played the beginning. Arghhh!) Note to Drummer Boy...if it takes longer than an hour to tune your electric guitar, you may want to consider getting a new guitar or...another hobby...one that requires no musical instruments!

I gotta get the heck out of dodge. If I have to listen to this guitar crap any longer...I can't be held responsible for my actions!

So how was your weekend?

(This may very well be the post with the most ellipses I've ever done. lol!)

Lola's Diner©2008-2010

5 comments:

I am Harriet said...

Let's cut the electricity line to his house! I'll be over in 10...

Lin said...

Drummer Boy is now "Guitar Boy"?? Wow. I had the lovely sound of metal clinking on metal all day--I swear the neighbors save this sh*t for the weekends just to annoy us.

I'm glad you took the first move introducing yourself. That was very grown-up, Lola.

Jen said...

Sounds like you had a great time. Good for you for taking the high road.

LJ said...

I must be getting old, but I have NO tolerance for loud music of any kind anymore. The mere thought of going to a night club sends shivers up my spine. You are more woman than me.

cardiogirl said...

I always wish I could let go of my insecurities and be that train wreck for the fun of it. My kids would do it in a heartbeat. Actually, I bet my 10-year-old would *beg* to go to a karaoke night if she knew about them.

I think I'll wait to tell her about that.

p.s. Got the word unuse for my verification. It feels like that might actually pass as a real word. Like untired, or unhungry.

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©