Recent Posts

Monday, May 3, 2021

Day 405-407 of Sheltering In-Waiting

My wife and son got their 2nd doses of the COVID-19 vaccine, so May 11th will be the last day of this stupid countdown.

Saturday, Sunday, Monday. Nothing much going on. The trip to the dealership Monday for a multipoint inspection was a waste of time. The service person was a jerk. When he asked why I wanted the multipoint inspection, I told him because the certified pre-owned (CPO) warranty was ending Saturday, and I wanted the multipoint inspection and to have them to see what a noise was in the front of the car. He told me all they would be doing was checking tire pressure and fluid levels. That does not seem like it would add up to the multipoint inspections I had previously. I read somewhere, probably on the Buick site where I got the idea to schedule it in the first place, that multipoint was definitely many more “points” than that. He also told me it would be about $171 to diagnose the noise. Really? I had a brake pedal issue about a month after I got the Buick. I wasn’t charged to diagnose that noise, in fact the service manager knew what it was before driving it. Does it really cost $171 to listen to a noise? It most certainly does not. When I bring it to my mechanic, he won’t charge me to listen to a noise. I’m hoping I get sent a survey about my experience, but I bet he just canceled my appointment. My wife and I talked as we drove away. We had been thinking we’d shop there for our next vehicle. We still need to replace the Pilot because I can’t stand having to coordinate my medical appointments and shopping trips with her need to go take her friend’s dog out for a walk, or trips to see her dad, or take him to medical appointments. If we want a 2nd Buick it will be from a different Buick dealership. We may go back to the Honda dealership across the street, because this time we know not to buy “as is” and we know to buy a CPO vehicle with an extended warranty. I don’t know…but I do know that I’m tired of being treated like a stupid woman who knows nothing about cars.

My daughter is still in moving limbo. She did find out she CAN take her bedroom set to the apartment because the Assistant Director told her she could, because the money for it came from my daughter’s account, just as I thought. We still don’t know anything other than there will be a stove and refrigerator. We also don’t know if there are restrictions for kitchen items. Like…can she have a toaster oven, can she have a set of knives, can she have an electric can opener, are there overhead lights in the living room and bedroom, can she hang stuff on the walls like art or photos? We know none of that and all my wife’s friends are asking when the move is because they have stuff for her, or they want to buy her stuff.

My daughter got weird news about home visits. She was told they have to be 30 days apart. That forks up Sunday. Happy Mother’s Day to me. If she found out she wasn’t moving this weekend I wanted her to spend Friday to Monday here and help with the Mother’s Day Tea Party tradition we had before the pandemic. So those plans are out. Now there is no plan. Nothing. I’m not pleased. When you can’t work and all you have are medical appointments and physical therapy it’s nice to have fun things to look forward to. Nope. Sunday will be just another day.

Lola’s Diner cc.  2008-2021

No comments:

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©