Recent Posts

Saturday, May 8, 2021

Sunday Stealing-Musical Mania

Happy Mother’s Day to all the Moms, Grandmoms, Foster Moms, Step Moms, Surrogate Moms, Mother figures, Moms-to-be, and to all the men out there that are doing the Mother and Father roles. 
Have a wonderful day!

Musical Maniac1

 
Hi! Your host is Bev Sykes of the blog "Funny the World". . Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. Cheers to all of us thieves!
 
1. Five problems with social media
     1.  Too political.
     2.  Too many trolls. People hiding behind false profiles just ‘stirring the pot’.
     3.  Little to no concern about others/too much attacking. And for what? What purpose do the attacks serve?
     4.  A lot of scam ads.
     5.  Seems just as much, or more cliquish than high school.
2. A place you would like to live, but have never visited
Europe. I’ve never left the United States. It would be nice to tour Europe.
3. Someone who fascinates you and why
Pass. I may come back to this if I think of someone.
4. Do you have tattoos?  What are they and why?
No. At times I’ve thought I wanted one, but I can’t think of what to get. I’ve seen a lot of bad ideas for tattoos, the art work isn’t necessarily bad, but the subject matter is. Until I can think of a tattoo I must have…I will pass. If I do decide on one, it will be artistic and I know just the place to go.
5. A book you love, and one you didn’t.
I’ve been reading a lot lately. Trying to get my streaming services to get full of stuff I haven’t seen, that I would like to see.  I really enjoyed “11-22-63”, by Stephen King. Kind of a time travel story, which I tend to love. I recently signed up for Amazon’s Kindle Unlimited because I spent an obscene amount on e-books in February. Ive been reading a lot of romance books. Last night I hit 3 that I just could not get through the first chapter. Some of them are real clunkers.
6. A fruit you dislike, and why
I don’t know that there has been one I dislike. A tomato is a fruit. Lately I’ve been avoiding them in salads because of the drippy mess of seeds. Never an issue before, and I have no problem with them in a sandwich. 
7. Two words/phrases that make you laugh
No one here will find this funny, but when I was in high school, I friend of mine could get me to laugh with just one word…”shoehorn”. It wasn’t that shoehorn is so hilarious, it’s the look my friend gave me when she said it. Even if she was behind me and said it, I could picture in my head her usual look when she said it. 
8. A quote you try to live by
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." (Dr. Seuss)
9. Something you miss
My parents.
10. Three weird traits you have
I have a weird sense of humor. Sometimes it gets me into a bit of trouble.
11. What you wore today
A t-shirt that reads, “If you can read this you’re standing too close, and cargo shorts (or as we lesbians call them, “purse pants”. Plenty of pockets, no need for a purse.)
12. Word/phrase you use constantly
“Really?” Usually as in ‘really? Is that absolutely necessary?’ In reply to some argument my kids get into.
13. One thing you’re excited for
Nothing really.
14. Your feelings on ageism
I don’t really run into it myself, because usually people think I’m much younger than 60 years old that I turn in July. When I was job hunting 10 years ago I did feel it. Even when you try to leave out the year you got your degree, they do ask and then things seem to come to a close.
15. Three interesting facts about yourself
     1.  I live in Illinois, but was born and raised in Wisconsin. I moved to Illinois, really just to get the heck out of there. I didn’t know anyone in Illinois.
     2.  My parents were much older than my contemporaries parents. My parents had strong work ethic and solid values.
     3.  Oddly enough, I didn’t have children until the same age my Mom did, so my kids went through the same thing. They also had my parents strong work ethic and solid values passed on to them, even though they never met. 

Lola’s Diner © 2008-2021


 

3 comments:

CountryDew said...

More kids need solid values and a work ethic these days. Good for you for passing that on.

songbird's crazy world said...

Shoehorn ...really?

;-)

Lolasdiner said...

It was the look on her face when she said it. I can’t describe it. She just screwed up her face and eyes when she said it. It was only funny when she said it. Her sister tried, wasn’t funny.
Lola

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©