Recent Posts

Sunday, April 19, 2009

My Sixth Conversation 10 Months - 10 Lives Challenge

Some of you may recall my previous posts on the 10 Month - 10 Lives Challenge.
Join The Impact says “Join us in a challenge over the next 10 months that will make an IMPACT. 10 months - 10 lives changed. Everyone in this movement must help keep the conversation going.
"We are asking each and every one of you to engage in 10 conversations with someone who does not understand our struggle and help them to see our point of view. We are not asking that you try to infringe on or disrespect their beliefs. Change can not occur with insult, it will only occur with respect. If all of us work hard to positively affect 10 lives, we can change this entire nation!"
If you missed my original posts, be sure to click on each to view them:
It's time for my Sixth Conversation of the 10 Month - 10 Lives Challenge. For this 6th conversation I found a great video on The Advocate. Comedian Kathy Griffin recently took to the streets of the SoCal suburb where voters were equally split on Proposition 8. She was trained along with other volunteers by the Los Angeles Gay and Lesbian Center's Vote for Equality Campaign. Her camera crew from her Bravo reality show, My Life on the D-List followed her. I wish I still had Bravo, I really enjoyed her show. Please note, the video may take a moment to load. (You will see "The Advocate. Building Channel". Then the Kathy Griffin video will load.)
Lola's Diner
©2008-2009

2 comments:

Stephanie Barr said...

I'm already on your side. I don't see why it's anyone else's business when consenting adults choose lifetime companions nor do I see who it hurts if they're happy.

I am Harriet said...

I didn't know about this stuff..

Seems like Iowa is ahead of the rest of the states.

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©