Recent Posts

Friday, August 7, 2009

TGIF VGNO!

Photobucket

Time For A Question - From Ann
If you are the age group who grew up with John Hughes movies, did you have a favorite? If so, why? Do you still quote John Hughes movies? Give me a quote!

My favorite line:
"Ferris: Not that I condone fascism, or any -ism for that matter. -Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me." Good point there. After all, he was the walrus. I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

My all time favorite movie of our time is Ferris Bueller’s Day Off (1986). I even devoted an entire post to When Was Your Last Ferris Day? Ferris Bueller’s Day Off (1986) instilled in me a love of Chicago and it was a major influence in my decision to move from Wisconsin to Chicago.



One of the WGN radio hosts is suggesting that as on homage to John Hughes, everyone introduce themselves this weekend, wherever they go as Abe Froman, Sausage King Of Chicago. I think it's brilliant.

So, hi, I'm Abe Froman, Sausage King Of Chicago and I'd like to thank you for stopping by Lola's Diner today.

If you like what you see, please consider becoming a regular, by becoming a Follower.

Lola's Diner
©2008-2009

14 comments:

Liz Mays said...

I never remember quotes but I loved The Breakfast Club and Some Kind of Wonderful!

Happy VGNO!

Ann Harrison said...

Hey Lola,
Another Abe Froman, Sausage King of Chicago here ;->

"Twist And Shout" and have a great VGNO!

soulful sepulcher said...

Loved Ferris B's Day off too

Ms D said...

Happy VGNO!

robin said...

I was SUCH a huge fan... I can quote a TON of lines from his movies... so hard to pick a favorite.
John Bender from the Breakfast Club always cracked me up... my favorite line of his was when he was talking about Brian's physics club: "It's sort of social. Demented and sad... but social."
Too freakin' funny.
Happy GNO!
PS- My word verification is "dometh." Is someone trying to tell me something? ;)

Kristen said...

I love it!

Abe Froman, Sausage King of Chicago! That's my name. Don't wera it out.

Mandala Michelle said...

Oh he was such a cutie back then. That is one of my all time favs for sure.

Martha said...

Happy VGNO!

flavoredmom said...

let my Cameron gooooo. To this day whenever someone is milking the sick or sulky thing, we call them Cameron. Happy VGNO!

Stacy Uncorked said...

I'm never any good at remembering lines from movies...but hubby sure can! :)

Happy VGNO! :)

Native American Momma said...

That is a funny idea. Happy VGNO

Mama Snow said...

Love the video and Ferris is my favorite as well. Happy VGNO!

Kat said...

Yet another Abe Froman, Sausage King of Chicago here!! Happy VGNO!

Lin said...

That movie is TIMELESS! My kids love it every bit as much as I do. But I am also a huge fan of Planes, Trains, and Automobiles, Mr. Mom, Breakfast Club, and Sixteen Candles. Dude was talented, wasn't he?? How many lines do we all know from ALL of those movies??

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©