Recent Posts

Friday, September 18, 2009

Not the kind of excitement we appreciate...

If you live in the NW or South Suburbs of Chicago yesterday you know that both had a lot of excitement of the law enforcement variety yesterday and continuing today. The Barney Fife's in both burbs are no doubt beside themselves with excitement.

Escapee Robert Maday Caught - Chicago Tribune. "Robert Maday, the career criminal who was the subject of a massive manhunt in the west and northwest suburbs after escaping from custody Thursday, was apprehended Friday after a police chase ended in a crash in West Chicago."

So here's my question...You've overpowered the authorities transporting you from Kankakee to Rolling Meadows for a court appearance. You hijack a vehicle in a nearby Meijer parking lot. Then you rob a bank? Hello? I mean, I know you need cash, but a liquor store or 7/11 wouldn't do? I mean, I know that's your area of expertise, but it's a bit show offish, don't you think? I mean, you walked into the bank and announced yourself as the guy on tv, wouldn't you want to keep a lower profile, I mean, if you didn't want to get caught. I mean, you went through all that trouble of escaping, to get out for, what? A day?

New Lenox Township Killer on The Loose. Lance Del Goebel earlier in the day Thursday had received an award for being one of the best mentors through Illinois MENTOR was slain in his home. Goebel and his wife had cared for special-needs adults full time in their home. Police are looking for a nephew as a person of interest in the case. The man is still at large. Our son's school made a special announcement the slain man had a son that attends his school. Please find this guy, it's not very comfortable here blogging from underneath my bed...with my baseball bat...

Lola's Diner
©2008-2009

3 comments:

StaceyC4 said...

Wow, I have to agree. NOT the kind of excitement anyone needs!

Helene said...

And wouldn't it make more sense to stop going in circles and just head out of town???

Auntie E said...

Oh boy i just don't know.... Just too much for my brain today.
yesterday I felt like i was being chased. Needed to flee a scene.

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©