Recent Posts

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Suzanne Somers needs to...

shut the hell up!

Suzanne Somers Blames Patrick Swayze's Death On Chemo
First of all, Patrick Swayze's family is still grieving. Who the hell are you to say that he died from Chemo?
Second of all, when did you become a doctor or get a PHD in cancer research?
Third of all, how dare you make that statement as a cheap ploy to further your own interests and career.
It's wonderful that you are cancer free and that you credit alternative therapies (mostly) and radiation therapy (not so much). It's great that you're healthy. You had breast cancer. Patrick Swayze had pancreatic cancer, one of the most aggressive cancers, with a low survival rate. It's one of the worst types of cancer a person could have. Ask me, because I know. My Father had pancreatic cancer. He died from it just a few short months after he was diagnosed.

Patrick Swayze could afford the best care and from all reports I've seen, that's what he got. The one year survival rate is 20%. He survived 20 months after his diagnosis! To me that's remarkable.

Suzanne Somers, I find what you're doing deplorable.

Lola's Diner
©2008-2009

4 comments:

Dave said...

I agree with you 1000%! This has-been actress thinks that this is the proper venue to get her name off the home shopping network and back into the mainstream? I think HSN may want to think twice about this piece of work and tell her to shut the F up and stop acting like a stereotypical blonde. People like this make me sick with there holier than tho remedies and alleged cure alls. His cancer was nothing like the type she has/had/whatever. That's it, I've ranted enough. I think I just wrote my blog article in your comments section. Now what am I going to write about?

Auntie E said...

Amen, Some people never get it.

I am Harriet said...

I heard that Swayze blamed his death on smoking.
I think Somers is a cancer survivor which makes me wonder what she is thinking when she says this stuff. People are grieving.
BTW- did you see her on Oprah? She sustains her aging life on mega doses of pills and shots.

Anonymous said...

Yeah she upset me too. I was diagnosed in August of 2007 with stage 4 in-operable pancreatic cancer. My tumor was bigger than 6.5 cm, size of z softball. I had CHEMO and radiation in 2007. I have had no surgery or treatments since. In June of 2009 my scan showed that there was no longer any sign of a tumor anywhere. What worked CHEMO, radiation, or God's will. Either way the chemo did not kill me.

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©