Recent Posts

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Perfect Day For Carving Pumpkins!

The weather was gorgeous today. Sunny, a bit cold, but not as cold as it has been lately. While I slaved in the kitchen preparing food for our Bearsfest, Anastasia and the kids carved pumpkins on the porch.





Here is a photo of those great Mums we purchased last week. We just set them in the planters we used for the Moss Roses we planted in the Spring.

Everyone can't wait for the game to start to dig in to the eats. I made Chili, Taco Dip and Spirals. Is it game time yet?

Pumpkin lit up at night. (Can't really tell with the flash, but still an awesome carving!) Chili was awesome! Can't post the recipe because it was literally spice cabinet chili because I didn't have enough Chili Powder and had to add Cumin, Paprika, Red Pepper, Garlic Powder to taste until I got it just right. It came out perfect. Not so much for the Bears so far. Come on Bears!

Lola's Diner
©2008-2009

7 comments:

Diane said...

everyone looks so happy and the steps look great!

have fun!

Lin said...

Look at Maria workin' that pumpkin! :) Just kidding.

soulful sepulcher said...

Looks like a very happy and pleasant day!

Helene said...

Alex's pumpkin is still sitting on the kitchen table. Nobody wants to carve the blessed thing. 3 grown men so far turned into carving wimps.

StaceyC4 said...

Very cool! And very smart for doing it outside! My kids insist on doing this at the kitchen table (probably because it's cold out and they wait until night-time to do it) - but I think next year we might have to make a day of it!

Julie from JulieChats said...

Cool pumpkin! Just stopping by from VGNO! Have a great week!

Auntie E said...

Nice pumpkin. I need some of those mums,lol. Now I'll have to go to the nursery.
My cooking is always like that. I write down everything a put in it and later..After we eat it..I write the recipe and try it again. Most of the time it turns out the same. but with cooking it always depends on the weather:-0

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©