Recent Posts

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Wordless Wednesday - Skinniest Me...

Check out skinniest me rockin' that shag do! And the outfit! I white t-shirt and jeans? How much more dyky could I be? This was taken in Florida at Disney World when I went with my sister, grandma, aunt and cousin. This was June, just after 8th grade . My Mom and I had gone on the Perma-Slim Stay Slim System (a low rent version of Weight Watchers) and both of us lost quite a bit of weight.
(Yes, I found the actual trademarked logo online. It's amazing what you can find on the internet.)

Picture an overweight teen being dragged to those weigh ins! I was miserable. I vowed I would never join an organized weight loss plan where weigh ins and cheer-leading were required. I also cannot stand yellow mustard. My snack of choice when I was starving was hamburger pickle slices with yellow mustard. Both items were freebies on the plan and you could eat as much as you wanted.

I haven't joined one of those plans since.

An update on the weight loss...I haven't weighed in at the doctor, but the Old Navy clothing I purchased awhile back that was a bit tight, is now baggy. I'd say that translates to several more lost pounds.

Lola's Diner ©2008-2010

3 comments:

Jen said...

Pickles and mustard? Eww! I ate tons of grapefruit which was wrong because it messed with my thyroid medication, but I didn't know any better. The only diet I have ever had any success with (besides divorce) has been Atkins or other high protein diets. They work great but it's so hard to give up carbs. Good for you for shedding some more lbs!

I am Harriet said...

You're hot!

Gotta love the loose clothes :)

Nandoism™ said...

OMG! I love both pickles and mustard--but have never tried them together--wold it irk you if I tried? Nah, you don't care--you're a fabulous blogger with a rich community. Me, on the other hand, I'm Gay, Mexican and adopted!

Bring on the pickles & mustard!

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©