Recent Posts

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Rant - Cell Phone Providers

AT&T Wireless sux. I have been a loyal AT&T Wireless customer for 11 years. Yes! ELEVEN YEARS. Just yesterday I discovered I've been being charged incorrectly for my rate plan. Since 2003 I should have received a $16 per month credit, but I've been only receiving an $8.80 credit each month. When I called to complain the first person I talked to was incapable of doing the math and kept insisting I was being charged correctly. (Tanja, like that's her real name.) She did say she credited me for a bogus $19.99 subscription that I did not authorize when I complained about it. She promised to transfer me to another department to discuss my issues and wah lah, I was disconnected. I called back and spoke with Jessica, who apparently did quite well in math in school. She got it that I was not being charged correctly. She set up a research ticket and promised the problem would be resolved by December 2nd. I asked about a credit since I've been on this particular plan, which I started on July 13, 2004. She said she only thought they could go back 1 year, but would put in the notes that I was requesting a credit for amounts overcharged since the beginning of my plan. This is no small change. A credit going back to July 13, 2004 amounts to $547.20. Going back only 1 year would mean a credit of $86.40. That's a HUGE difference.

If I don't receive full credit I will be leaving AT&T Wireless. I don't see how they could possibly justify not crediting me the full amount. I don't care what they claim their policy is, because they overcharged me in the first place. I've been toying with the idea of switching to Sprint or Verizon and getting an Android phone. Yes, AT&T Wireless has Android phones, but really, if they aren't going to treat their customers properly, then this will be the final straw and I WILL be switching wireless providers. I can't tell you how many times I've seen bogus charges on my bill.

I will be looking for a Family Plan with about 1400 minutes and unlimited Data and Messaging.

So my question to my readers is, what do you think of Sprint or Verizon as far as customer service, phone service and coverage? And, if you have an Android phone, which one do you have and how do you like it?

Lola's Diner ©2008-2010

3 comments:

Lin said...

We just switched from AT & T because our needs changed when Colin went away to school. We had pay-as-you-go before and I made the kids pay for their own texting, now we need that to "talk" to Colin more often. It's hard to say what plan is best for you--it's a maze when you start trying to compare. We have T-Mobile and I'm very happy with our service--it is MUCH better than AT & T. That said, I had a discount through work and that helps with the bill. We have unlimited calling (750 mins) and texting, plus internet on one of the 4 phones and it costs me $110.00 approx. each month.

I am Harriet said...

I can't even tell you how many times I've called about something on my bill. Usually it's those charges that AT&T says they can't do anything about. However, we have a bundled deal so it pays for us to use them. I once had Sprint and liked it a lot but, the family thing wasn't there at the time so I switched. Verizon on the other hand....did not work well for me.

I am Harriet said...

Oh, and I'm not willing to give up my precious iPhone.

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©