This week’s meme was borrowed from Lola - (Thanks Harriet!)
Simply copy and paste this into your own post and respond to the prompts.
Here goes: 1. What is your favorite holiday show/animated show?
Sentimental - "It's A Wonderful Life", Funny - "Christmas Vacation", Animated show - "Rudolf The Red-Nosed Reindeer".
2. What holiday character do you think you’re most like?Rudolf.
3. What holiday character does your spouse think you’re most like? The Grinch.
4. Favorite Christmas/holiday song? The Christmas Song" (Chestnuts roasting on an open fire.)
5. Most hated Christmas/holiday song?"Happy Christmas (War Is Over)" by John Lennon. I can't explain it, it just grates on my nerves. I love just about anything else he did.
6. If you have an all holiday music radio station when do you start listening to it?
I have completely ignored it, except for once when I was doing a Christmas lights drive. I won't be listening to it again until I get in the mood when I start wrapping gifts.
7. If you have an all holiday music radio station do you love it or hate it? This year they started November 1st. That's wayyy to early!
8. Have you ever wrapped yourself as a Christmas/holiday present? Umm...no.
9. Who is Rudolf The Red Nosed Reindeer’s father?I already know the answer from last year. What are your guesses?10. Do you drive your neighborhood or one near you at night to look at other people’s holiday decorations? Guilty. Our kids always ask when we're going to do this. When we lived in Chicago we always drove around Sauganash. They had the best decorations. Santa in a tree house and a working, fully lit carousel. There are quite a few areas where we live now that go all out on decorating. A few look like Christmas threw up all over their front, side and back yards.
11. When you see a heavily decorated house do you think, ‘oh that’s lovely’? Or do you think, ‘oh criminy, that looks like Christmas threw up all over their lawn’?Umm, yeah, totally Grinch here. Christmas threw up all over their lawn. Unless they have some one of a kind, spectacular item in the display (like the Santa in the tree house or a carousel), I think Christmas threw up.
12. Are you counting the days to Christmas/Holidays with excited anticipation or dread?Dread. Nuf said. What with my loss of income and the car accident, I just can't seem to get in the spirit of the holiday.
13. When was the last time you had your photo taken with Santa? Did you sit on his lap?
Our son's first Christmas when Marshall Field's sent their best Santa to our apartment to make up for the bad Santa at their State Street store. Read read all about it here.
14. Do you make a Christmas/Holiday list for your spouse or significant other or do you rely on them to pick your gift(s) without a clue from you? I was asked to do this, but didn't do it. I suggested she just pay attention and go from there. We'll see how she did, huh?
15. When do you put up your tree and/or menorah/and or anything else?It went up last weekend (very late for us), however, it's just assembled, the lights are plugged together and no ornaments and I haven't adjusted the branches even yet, they are still all squished together from being in the box. Because of the accident, everything hurts, so I don't know if I'll be able to get it together and I'm not sure my kids could follow instructions on doing it.
16. If tree- Real or fake? Fake. I bought one 2 years ago on Black Friday. Never again!
17. When do you take your tree/decorations down? The day after Epiphany. Sometimes New Year's Day.
18. Do you shop the day after Christmas sales? What do you shop for? I used to all the time, no money for that this year. I may spend any gift cards I've gotten.
19. Is your work/office having a holiday party this year? Will you attend?I'm not working, so there is none to attend.
20. Do you have your New Year’s Eve Plans set yet?No plans as yet, but I'm definitely not spending it babysitting!