1. A HAZY SHADE OF WINTER But look around, the leaves are brown, And the sky is a hazy shade of winter. Oh, seasons change with scenery, weaving time in a tapestry, Won’t you stop and remember me? Do you think of someone special during Winter?Santa is always a good choice. That or someone to shovel the driveway.
2. BRIDGE OVER TROUBLED WATER When you’re down and out, When you’re on the street, When evening falls so hard I will comfort you. I’ll take your part. What cheers you up? Going to see a friend or meeting up with a bunch of friends. And of course that means blog pallies too!
3. EL CONDOR PASA I’d rather be a forest than a street. Yes I would. If I could, I surely would. I’d rather feel the earth beneath my feet. When was the last time you went barefoot in the grass?Probably the last time it was warm enough to do it.
4. AMERICA Counting the cars on the New Jersey Turnpike, They’ve all come to look for America… How do you entertain yourself during a traffic jam? Everyone that rides with me know that if I turn on my road trip cd mix that starts out with Queen's We Will Rock You, Under Pressure, then Offspring's Hit That, Self Esteem, Want You Bad and more similar stuff. And I turn it up LOUD...and I sing along!
5. SOUNDS OF SILENCE When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light that split the night And touched the sound of silence. What words would flash on your ideal neon sign?Talk to me? Lol! At least that's what it feels like it says over my head.
6. 59th STREET BRIDGE SONG Got no deeds to do, No promises to keep. I’m dappled and drowsy and ready to sleep. Let the morning time drop all its petals on me. Life, I love you, All is groovy. What was the last event that made you feel groovy? I don't know. I guess I'd have to say the Halloween party I went to. A couple of people were dressed kind of funky...and it kind of reminded me of some people in high school and bell bottoms and all that.
7. RICHARD CORY The papers print his picture almost everywhere he goes: Richard Cory at the opera, Richard Cory at a show. And the rumor of his parties and the orgies on his yacht! Oh, he surely must be happy with everything he’s got. Do you make enough money to keep you happy? NO! I've been going backwards instead of forwards in terms of how much money I bring into my household. It would be nice to make enough to take a decent vacation once in a while and be able to afford to go out a lot more often and be able to shop for more than 2 pairs of slacks (because that's all I can afford, so when I lose weight and drop a size, I've literally only got 2 pairs of slacks that fit properly and that sux.) And of course it would be nice to grocery shop without mentally calculating almost the the penny how much I've spent and be able to buy things that are not on sale when I like that item or that brand. And of course be able to buy healthier food, cuz heaven knows it's expensive to buy fresh fruit and vegetables (let alone try to buy organic).
8. THE BOXER In the clearing stands a boxer, And a fighter by his trade And he carries the reminders Of ev’ry glove that laid him down. How do you feel about boxing as a sport? I don't know enough about it to like it or dislike it.
9. MRS ROBINSON Hide in the hiding place where no one ever goes. Put it in your pantry with your cupcakes. It’s a little secret just the Robinsons’ affair. Most of all you’ve got to hide it from the kids. What was the last thing you hid from the kids or significant other in your home? Always...Christmas presents. And the other stuff I can't say. ;)
10. I AM A ROCK I have my books And my poetry to protect me; I am shielded in my armor, What item protects you? I'm hoping to find someone to fill that position... ;)
11. KATHY’S SONG I hear the drizzle of the rain Like a memory it falls Soft and warm continuing Tapping on my roof and walls. What is your least favorite thing about rain?When it makes the roadway slippery.
12. HOMEWARD BOUND Home where my thought’s escaping, Home where my music’s playing, Home where my love lies waiting Silently for me. What’s your favorite thing about your home? My vegetable garden.
13. FIFTY WAYS TO LEAVE YOUR LOVER The problem is all inside your head, she said to me The answer is easy if you take it logically I’d like to help you in your struggle to be free There must be fifty ways to leave your lover. What was the worst way you ever left a lover?Uhhh, can't say...I plead the 5th!