Recent Posts

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Charlie Sheen...Trainwreck

Sadly I missed the special last night on Dateline or whatever program that was last night. Sorry, can't miss The Good Wife. I look forward to it every week, and frankly, I've had my own trainwreck last night, so I just could not sit through watching his. Normally I would have watched just for snicks and grins. If you know me and want the details, email me, I can't post it here.

Is it just me? Or does Charlie Sheen look like crap? Has he had a face lift? I dunno, he just doesn't look good..

The conspiracy theorist in me thinks this whole thing is getting blown out of proportion in the media for ratings. And really, was it necessary for CBS to pull the plug on the rest of the season? Yes, peoples jobs are at stake, people like you and me who don't make a million (or whatever he makes) per episode. People like camera men and grips and so on. Is it really necessary to punish them for his misdeeds? Why couldn't they just write him out of the remaining episodes and let the "little people" earn their living? This pulling the plug on the rest of the season reeks of a publicity stunt by CBS.

Yes, I realize he's done bad things. Yes, it's quite possible that he did make those horribly threatening remarks to one of the mothers of his children. Custody can get ugly, very ugly. Just ask me, I know first hand. And yes, I could see myself saying some of those things...if I had no self control. And believe, me I've got to have tons of self control in my situation.

Yes, drugs are bad people! They make people do bad things and make poor choices. But is it really necessary of the media to jump onto this trainwreck and do we have to hear about it every frickin' day? And why does the media act as though they are giving him the benefit of the doubt here and then they continue to show him running amok?

"Yes..I'm under a drug...It's called Charlie Sheen!" Seriously?

Lola's Diner ©2008-2011

16 comments:

junebug said...

So far they have paid everyone for four of the eight cancelled episodes and will probably pay out the other four. It is a shame that one idiot can have such an impact on some many people's lives.

Don't worry the show last night basically just repeated all the quotes heard during the past two days. Not much new.

Unknown said...

Maybe it's an inadvertent public service announcement for "Just Say No."

Lola said...

@ Junebug - I'm glad I didn't miss much. Even more glad that the "little people" are going to get paid. It's just so wrong to make everyone suffer for his problems.

@ Jenn - Exactly!

@ nonamedufus - Yeah, he definitely does not look healthy.

Unknown said...

Yes, it's all I can see when I look at him. His face is all craggy. Is his TV make-up THAT good? Or did this just happen recently? Or is his father standing in for him now?

Jayne Martin said...

He's lost a lot of weight and I think that's one of the reasons his face is so gaunt. Another blogger wrote about him being in the manic stage of bipolar disorder and that makes a lot of sense. I think he's one sick puppy and regardless of whether or not it's of his own making, out of respect to his father, I think my post today will be the last making light of Charlie.

Good post here.

Rachele Bennett said...

I didn't see the show lasst night either and have tried to avoid watching most of it as it is just disturbing how the press is making us all watch this self destruction. I'd rather ignore it and hope it goes away.

The Good Wife Rocks.

StaceyC4 said...

My favorite comment besides the whole "Charlie Sheen" drug thing was when the interviewer said "It seems like you're bi-polar" and was like "Wow, what does that mean? I'm bi-winning!"

Classic...

Sometimes, you gotta love a good train wreck.

Linda said...

Oh, the media loves train wrecks...of all sorts and the messier the better.

Unknown said...

Sheen and the media are going to milk this for as long as they can. And now Sheen is also on Twitter. Oh Goody. I can get my Charlie Sheen fix 24/7.

meleah rebeccah said...

Oh yeah, Charlie Sheen looks like crap alright. I guess that's what smoking crack looks like. How sad.

"Why couldn't they just write him out of the remaining episodes and let the "little people" earn their living?"

I agree with you 100% on that point. very well said.

Ferd said...

He looks terrible!
What a disaster. And the media is feeding off him like the hyenas they are.

Jen said...

His piece on Dateline is tomorrow so you can still tune in if you want to. He does look bad and it seems with each passing interview he ages considerably. I was surprised when he pulled up his shirt and displayed rather ripped abs, he looks so gaunt that I didn't expect to see actual muscle.

Unknown said...

What a minute there is a dateline interview coming up? Checking my DVR now

http://howtobecomeacatladywithoutthecats.blogspot.com said...

Having Charlie Harper "go on vacation" on the show would have been a good solution for CBS. Any way you cut it, Charlie Sheen looks awful in the interviews... like the cancer patient in the analogy his dad used.

Lin said...

I refuse to sucked into his madness. Not tuning in. Not listening. Not caring what the hell he does.

Cardiogirl said...

I love this train wreck because half the time it feels like he's joking -- just saying whatever is outrageous.

And then the other half of the time he seriously looks like he's giving in to the inner demons.

It's fascinating. Have you seen the Funny or Die video of his cooking show. Hilarious and with that video I do believe he has a grand PR plan that's working well.

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©