Recent Posts

Monday, August 3, 2020

Day 136 of Sheltering In

Monday. What an exhausting day. Let’s fast forward to the 💩 show that continues to unfold. My daughter has severe abdominal pain on the right side. She still has her appendix. It’s also the side where she has a cyst on her ovary. Staff won’t do anything. I told my daughter to call her Insurance’s 24 hour nurse hotline. She did and was told she needed to go to the ER. Staff still refused. My daughter tried calling the supervisor over the team lead but she never answers, so I called, then I texted. I finally got a text reply asking the symptoms saying she needed to talk to their nurse to get consent for my daughter to go to the ER. Really? The insurance company nurse hotline said to go to the ER, if it wasn’t serious do you think the insurance company would tell her to go to the ER? Eventually the supervisor said she got authorization from their nurse to call paramedics and she would call staff to have them call after staff passed medications to all the clients. 

She was taken via ambulance to the hospital. She’s had the usual tests, an IV, a CT scan, and will be having ultrasounds shortly. I have to give her credit, she had registration contact me to complete her registration and they confirmed I am to be contacted about her condition. Thank goodness! Since living in the group home she’s had 2 previous hospital trips where I didn’t know where she was for 3 days. 

My knee buckling left as mysteriously as it came, but I awoke nauseous. I had to cancel PT. I felt nauseous til 5pm, and didn’t eat anything all day. I had a headache, so I took my temperature throughout the day. Normal. I had dinner and the nausea is gone.

UPDATE:  Turns out it was a UTI. They gave her an Rx for a strong antibiotic. The good in this, if there is any, was that she got the ultrasounds that she’s been supposed to have gotten over 2 months ago and the group home office never scheduled them. She had them, they show the cyst is relatively the same size compared to her previous ultrasounds. (The were also done at the same hospital so the tech was able to compare them. My daughter got a copy of the results, which I of course read.) My daughter called the supervisor around 1am to ask how she was supposed to get home. She had to call several times before she got an answer. She was told to have the hospital call for a ride and bill it to the insurance. (Apparently the hospital doesn’t have taxi vouchers. I got stuck at a hospital past 4am because I rode in the ambulance with her and the hospital called me a taxi and used a voucher. This was about 9 years ago.) The 1am call was the supervisor’s fault for not telling my daughter how to get home when she ok’d the ambulance ride. My daughter got back to her group home at 2am. I know this because my daughter called me at 2am. 🤦🏻

Lola’s Diner cc.  2008-2020

1 comment:

Lin said...

Prayers for Maria. I hope they sort this out and she is back to feeling better.

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©