Recent Posts

Saturday, August 8, 2020

Day 140, 141 of Sheltering In

Friday, Saturday. Friday a friend of my wife’s came over and blocked me on my driveway so I couldn’t leave for the laundromat. Gosh darn it! So 2 hours after she left my son and I went to Walmart to get some things for my daughter and had a short visit when we dropped them off. Nutjob better learn to stay away from my Buick or there will be real trouble. We were on the patio (socially distanced and masks) and she walked to my car and started knocking on the windows insisting a staff member was in my car. She would not stop, would not walk away from my car even though my daughter told her my car was empty and that staff member was not there, so we had to cut the visit short. I felt bad, but anything we can do to avoid confrontation or vandalism, we’re going to do because I don’t have bail money and I can’t afford a new window or high deductible, and I have my doubts about recouping my money. 

Saturday I was going to make Indian food for dinner, but ran into problems. The potatoes we had were bad, and every jar of ghee was expired, even the unopened ones. I took the wrapper and lid off one, smelled it and chucked them all. Funky! Smelled like Parmesan cheese. I had a spray bottle of ghee, but after I took off the wrapper and tried to use it, it didn’t work. I waved the white flag and that was the end of it. I could get by without ghee for the chicken recipe, but saag paneer would not taste right without it and it makes no sense to waste the other ingredients making a recipe missing an important flavor. I was looking forward to having Indian food for dinner. My son and I haven’t had it since pre-lockdown.

My brother in law was over to mow the lawn. I haven’t been outside, but I’m guessing he mowed the front and side yard. He had my son running around raking and pulling weeds. 

Lola’s Diner cc.  2008-2020

No comments:

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©