Recent Posts

Monday, January 26, 2009

Tagged...8 Random Things About Me

I’ve been tagged by Ken at Dad To Two. I’m supposed to list 8 random things about me.

So, here you go…

Anastasia is helping me with this list…
1. I once met in person members of a Moms group from the internet. We were a group of Moms who met on msn.com in one of the parenting chat rooms.
2. I’m a great nazi secretary. (Anastasia has been enlisting my help in her job search and I’m wicked strict. I think this is actually a complement.)
3. I make a kick ass chili. (I think she's just buttering me up because the Superbowl is next Sunday.)
4. Just to look at me people think I’m in a bad mood, but I’m not. Really! I swear!
5. I’m not afraid to try a new recipe, even if it turns out bad, which hasn’t happened yet. ;)
6. A little over 20 years ago I moved to Chicago not knowing a single soul. It turned out the job I had lined up was working for a psycho boss and lasted not even a week. Why would I say the boss was a psycho? After the second day he called me in the office and told me I was unfriendly to the other staff and that I needed to make an effort to get to know them and be more friendly. So, I made an effort and chatted up the receptionist. Next thing I know I’m in the boss’s office for talking to much. He screamed at me the entire time he was reprimanding me. I turned in my keys and walked out. I had signed a year long lease and moved everything I owned to Chicago. It took several months to find a new job.
7. My partner and I have the same Tina Fey wannabe eyeglasses. Except mine are ultra cool purple and hers are orange. (Hers go awesome with her red hair by the way.)
8. I own a motorcycle. Five years ago, actually the weekend that I met Anastasia, I took a motorcycle riding class at Motorcycle Riding’s Cool, motorcycle riding school in Chicago. I did it to pick up chicks. Yup. It worked too. LOL! I own a Suzuki Intruder VS800. People mistake it for a Harley all the time. It’s a sweet ride, but I can’t ride anymore because of my back issues. So, I’ll be selling the bike this spring, or sooner if anyone is interested.
Here are the rules:
1. Each blogger starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves.
2. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their 8 things and post these rules.
3. At the end of your post, you need to choose 8 blogs to get tagged and list their names.
4. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged and to read your blog.
5. For the recipients, leave a comment for the person who tagged you, so they can go read your answers.
Let the games begin. Tell me more about yourselves so I can get to know you better.
1. Anne @ Small Town Mommy
2. Stacey @ Havoc and Mahem
3. Redhead Ranting
4. Lori @ Momma Momma Because We Hold it All Together
5. Joey @ Bloggin’ Mama
6. Fidget @ Finding Yourself Despite Yourself
7. Kadi @ A Womb at the Inn (sane)
8. Lynne @ Life After Work
Lola's Diner
©2008-2009

3 comments:

*lynne* said...

Thanks for the tag! I hope I can come up with 8 more/different items, LoL! I'll drop another comment when I have it up - maybe in a week or so :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for thinking of me. I hope I can be entertaining for 8 things :). People often think I am in a bad mood too. I think it is my face.

Joey said...

So it's April 10th, and I just now saw that you tagged me in January... I'm lame, I know... sorry girl... I'll try to get right on it. ;) Joey

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©