Recent Posts

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Chicago Area Blogger Meet-up Results Are In!

Five of us Chicago area bloggers met up Sunday afternoon at Panera Bread in Aurora. Blogs participating were, from left to right Look It's Megryansmom, A Malasian Abroad, Communication Exchange, Duck And Wheel With String, Lola's Diner.

Umm, see, did you notice I went with the squirrel theme? Do I get extra bloggy friend points for that? And Patricia has the "Easy button" just to prove how easy it is to successfully hold a blogger meet-up.

I had a really great time learning about my fellow bloggers and sharing bloggy tips. Lin and I even compared deformed nails.

I'd really like to get together again soon. These are some really great ladies and great bloggers. If you haven't checked out their blogs before, please do, Look It's Megryansmom, A Malasian Abroad, Communication Exchange, Duck And Wheel With String.

If you want more details about the blogger meet-up, be sure to check out Fire Crotch Rocket - Chicago Area Blogger Meet-up - A Fly On The Wall.

Why the squirrels? Because I am a big, huge dork! One of the bloggers at the meet-up talked about collecting stuffed animals and dressing them up in outfits, kind of like build-a-bear. I thought she said "SQUIRRELS". It was "BEAVERS". I stand corrected, I am hanging my head in shame and embarrassment. SUPREME embarrassment!

I guess my error was a good thing because I would very likely be in serious trouble with the Mrs.'s if I had googled "beavers in costume". One can only imagine the images one would find were they to google that.


I'll be hiding my red face in shame back in the kitchen.

Lola's Diner
©2008-2009

21 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL I counted again and again and still only came up with 5. I enjoyed meeting everyone and had a really great time.

john said...

thats because Lola hid blocked herself totally out...lol. You guys sounded like you had a great time.

who are we people behind the keyboards? hmmmmmmm

Unknown said...

Lola I live in Indiana, wow that is so awesome! Happy Monday honey! I hope all is well. God bless!


Jodi

Lin said...

LOL on the pic!! I'm just wondering why squirrels came to mind when you were choosing photos?!!! Too funny.

I, too, had a ton of fun! What a great bunch we had there comparing notes, discussing blogs, chuckling about stories. I really hope to do this again, it was a nice experience. Next time, I am definitely wearing the clown wig!

Jo said...

Glad you all had fun! Wish I could have come up and joined you all!

I am Harriet said...

Whaaa...I wasn't invited. Jo and I will have to do our own.

Damn...I knew you were a squirrel.

Margo said...

Looks like fun. I am insanely envious :)

Patricia Rockwell said...

I love us as squirrels! We all squirrel away bloggy tips after all! It was great to meet you finally. Next time--we must meet at Lola's Diner!

Unknown said...

I so wish I could have worked this out.. I really wanted to try and make it.. but life was just too crazy. Hopefully you will plan another soon...

Lin said...

They were BEAVERS, Lola!! BEAVERS!!! OMG I am totally cracking up right now!

Lola said...

@ Megryansmom - I guess I had so much fun I thought there were more of us? I think I remembered 6 because that was what Patricia said were expected. Lol!

@ John - We had a great time!

@ Jodi, Jo, Margo, Shauni - Maybe next time you could all take a road trip?

@ Lin - Lol!

@ Patricia - Things definitely need to settle down more on the home front, but I'd definitely be up for another event.

@ Lin - Always glad to make people laugh, even if it is at my expense. Besides, do you seriously think I could have found a beaver with spikey hair like mine?

Ranran said...

do you do meet ups here in the Philippines? lol. :-)

sweet week!

Unknown said...

You know I know Lin. Well, as much as you can know someone from their blog even though we have never met and probably never will.

Regardless, I didn't realize she wore hats. Wait a minute, is that an aqua-colored hoodie? I think it is, it's caught up on her ears and it looks like a witch's hat.

What a fun idea!

And Tim from Red Neck Bar and Grill has a beaver shot, routinely. And the best part, I swear this is true, they are actual beavers -- the animals -- in their natural habitats.

So even though the tag is "wet beaver" the photo is actually a beaver swimming in a river working on a dam.

I find that hilarious and I think he gets a lot of hits from that.

JD at I Do Things said...

Poo! Can I come to the next one? I live in Skokie. Sounds like fun . . .

Tammy said...

Sound like everyone had fun!

Babette said...

That looked like fun, especially the dressing up as squirrels part. :o) Let me know if you're visiting Boston.

musingwoman said...

Fun! Makes me excited for Chicago Blogher. :)

Lin said...

Uh, Cardiogirl, that's MY workout wear!! Yep, cool blue hoody and converse, even though you can't see them. NOT a witch's hat, silly girl.

And what's the deal with "never met, never will" thing? Gasp!!! What?! Did the hugging thing scare you that bad??? That's it....I'm driving to CardioTown. Joe! Get the car ready!!!

Staci said...

So did all of you squirrels order pecan pie or some other nutty dish from the menu?

Glad you had a good time. I always wondered if people would be able to get along as well in person as they do when they have a computer, a modem, and the internet between them.

Lola said...

@ Ranran - You could always plan your own meet-up in the Philipines!

@ Cardiogirl - Yes, it was an aqua colored hoodie. I thought it suited her. Lol!

@ JD - You're welcome to join us at the next one.

@ B Boys Mom - I think a good time was had by everyone!

@ Babette - Oh I wish I could take a road trip, but unfortunately we never get to go far.

@ Musingwoman - Are you going to Blogher in Chicago?

@ Lin - Be sure and stop by and pick me up! I wanna go too!

@ Staci - We laughed so much! It really was a good time. Actually, I barely finished my coffee. We were all chatting too much. Lol!

Storm, The Psychotic Housewife said...

It sounds like you ladies had fun! I wish I could have come :)

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©