Recent Posts

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Corpus Christi Movie Email Is A Hoax

One of my Aunts just forwarded me this email. The first thing I did was check the validity of it. Before you read on, please know that this is a version of an email that has been circulating since 2000 and it is not true. Please see these links to see for yourself:
Truth Or Fiction.com
Snopes.com
Urban Legends.About.Com
This is a portion of the email:
Subject: Fwd: Corpus Christi

The movie ‘Corpus Christi’ is due to be released this June to August. This disgusting film is set to appear in America later this year and it depicts Jesus and his disciples as homosexuals!

As a play, this has already been in theatres for a while. It's called Corpus Christi ' which means The Christ Body.' It's a revolting mockery of our Lord. But, we can make a difference. That's why I am sending this e-mail to you. If you do send this around, we may be able to prevent this film from showing in America and South Africa.

Apparently, some regions in Europe have already banned the film. We need a lot of prayers and a lot of e-mails.
The email goes on to ask you to forward this to everyone you know and quotes a Bible passage. It was all I could do to stop myself from quoting other Bible passages.

If you receive a version of this email, please hit "Reply All" as I did and reference the links above to let everyone that received that same email know it is false.

There is enough hate in the world without perpetuating it with false information.

Lola's Diner
©2008-2009

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi
I just got one of those myself and tried to send my concerned questions to the address the list supposedly goes to when full.
I was not surprised that it got lost somewhere in cyber space.

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©