Recent Posts

Saturday, January 2, 2010

What celebrity would you just want to shake some sense into?

Welcome to Saturday: 9 . What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!

Saturday 9: You Shook Me

1. What celebrity would you just want to shake some sense into?
Tiger Woods.

2. What do you think comes after death?
A trip to a morgue?

3. What is the first book that you can remember reading by yourself as a child?
Probably Dick and Jane, you know 'see Spot run'.

4. What was the first rock concert that you attended?
Rush, December 7, 1978. 38 Special opened for them. Tickets were a whopping $8.50!

5. If you were to suddenly become famous, would you choose a stage name? If yes, what would it be?

Don't I already have a stage name?

6. What is the one thing that you wish the media would stop talking about?
The White House party crashers and how our no fly list is or isn't good enough. Obviously it isn't good enough. Pulleaze! Otherwise that guy wouldn't have just about blown his wiener off when he hid explosives in his undies.

7. If you could be part of any band, which one would it be and who would you be and why?
Indigo Girls, but I think they already have enough girls, don't they? Haven't been to their show, but it's got to be an awesome experience.

8. Do you live close to your immediate family members? If not, how far away are they?
My kids live with me and it's becoming clear that even though our daughter wishes otherwise, she will likely continue to live with us after high school.

9. Last seasonal question (promise): What did you do on New Year's Eve?
Watched New Year's Rockin Eve, watched our local New Year's Eve show and then watched the New Year's Rockin Eve concert portion after our local show. Shared some nasty Sparkling White Grape Juice with the kiddies at midnight. I was desperately trying to stay awake until Anastasia came home, but I gave up the ghost at 3am. Her sister worked later than anticipated so she got home quite late. (No CNA on the holiday, so Anastasia pitches in and is caregiver for her bro.)
...............

6 ways you’ve decided to change your life in 2010
  1. Win the lottery. (I do have my priorities!)
  2. Calm the hell down.
  3. Stop ruminating on shit that doesn't matter.
  4. Stop trying to keep in touch with relatives who don't give a shit.
  5. Stop saying 'shit'.
  6. Get my photo on People Of Walmart.com.
Lola's Diner
©2008-2010

4 comments:

Lisa G said...

I picked Tiger Woods, too. Have a happy Saturday :)

Lin said...

I think I might have been at that Rush concert or one a couple years later. Criminy, my ears are STILL ringing!!

I like your to-do list.

Patricia Rockwell said...

What does one have to do to get on People of Walmart? That sounds nifty! Good luck!

jerricaparr said...

Ohh. I remember See Spot Run!! :)
My parents use to read it to me all of the time. :) :)

Here's the link to my Saturday 9 if you'd like to check it out:
http://jerricapuck.blogspot.com/2010/01/saturday-9-4.html

Also, I'm hosting a Valentine's Day Swap - Cupid's Blogger Swap - if you'd like to join, feel free.
You can read more details and/or sign up here:
http://jerricapuck.blogspot.com/2009/12/cupids-blogger-swap-sign-up.html

Thanks for your time.

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©