Recent Posts

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Don't forget to vote!

It's Voting Day here in Illinois.  Don't forget to get out and vote and exercise your constitutional right!

I am not working the election as a Judge this time around.  Sorry there won't be any juicy stories like I've had for my readers in the past.  I just couldn't take the time off work.

My daughter is very excited about the election.  This is her first election she will vote in.  It's kinda funny watching television with her.  She watches every political commercial, while I mostly tune them out.  I know who I am voting for in most of the races.  (Meaning all of the races except Judges.  I think most people have no idea about who is voting for those races and what their stances are on things.  Unless you've got a particularly vocal Judge, I think most of us haven't a clue.)  I've seen most of the commercials anyway, and when she asks questions I answer them as best I can.

I think we will hit the polls early, before work and before school, when they open so we can start our day knowing we've already done our duty.

...besides...isn't what they say..."Vote early and vote often"?  We're in Illinois after all.  LOL!



Lola's Diner ©2008-2012

No comments:

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©