Recent Posts

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Nanook of the North


It has been freakin cold here in the mid-west. So cold, in fact, that we attempted to turn on the furnace for the first time this past weekend. The result? No heat. I had to order a replacement part online because none of the area parts wholesalers had the part in stock. I'm hoping the part comes tomorrow, but until it comes, we've been bundling up in sweats, fleece pullovers and hats.

Yes...Hats.
(Between 7 percent and 55 percent of total body heat can be lost through the head.)

This hat? This is my hat.

It's not fashionable, it's not stylish, it's just FREAKIN WARM.

Ok, some people can "own" this "Nanook of the North" look and make it look cool.

I've seen plenty of hipster teens wearing them in the last week.

I just saw Susan Powter sporting one on her blog. http://www.susanpowteronline.com/index.php/site/article/man_made_mother_made/.

Susan Powter is rockin it.

I, however, look like a BIG DORKY DYKE.

But you know what?

I'm a Big Dorky Dyke who is nice and toasty warm!

And I have no problem "owning" that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, i have no problem wearing that hat.. if I am in your case, I wouldn't mind at all... as long as I am warm.. that's all that matters.

keep warm... it's getting chilly down here in texas too.

Sally said...

I'm into saving money, and I am also wearing a hat while I'm on my computer! No fashion at all, but very warm. The only problem is my hair after wearing it... it is a total mess!

Angelina said...

I say wear the furry hat!

It's much colder where you are than where I am. My heat is not broken though. I'm lucky. I hope you get your parts soon!

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©