Recent Posts

Monday, January 19, 2009

Slip of the Tongue

Jill Biden Lets Slip Secret About Joe.

If you missed it, she let it slip that President Elect Barack Obama had originally offered him both the Secretary of State position and the position of Vice President.

What do you think of Jill Biden's slip of the tongue on The Oprah Winfrey Show on Monday?

What do you think of Vice President Elect Biden shushing her on a national television show?

Personally, I think he needs to play it closer to the vest, if you know what I mean.

And shushing in public, anywhere, is not acceptable. I think it shows a lack of respect for your significant other. She slipped, it was out, he could have dealt with it differently. I'm just sayin...

Lola's Diner
©2008-2009

4 comments:

I am Harriet said...

Seriously, who cares?
So what if she let it slip that he was offered either one?

Could have been worse, like what happened when the other candidate chose the wrong running mate....

Anonymous said...

I agree with I am Harriet. I don't understand what the big deal is. So what if people know he was offered Secretary of State too?

Michelle said...

Totally agree, shushing of spouses or significant others is unnecessary, especially when it was already on the table. It's not like he knew what she was going to say, and gave her the look that said, "Don't you dare!" He could have handled things more gracefully.

p.s. thanks for visiting my blog!
~Michelle
http://givingtree2009.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I think the next time she's put in front of a television camera, either:

1) she'll be too sedated to speak, or
2) she'll be reading from a script, not live.

Seriously, even as a woman, I don't blame him for trying to shush her. Politically, she acted like a liability, not an asset. I know that's harsh, but that's also why neither of us are politicians.

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©